★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Forget-Me-Not

03-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Forget-Me-Not

Hi! Check out my new little game, Forget-Me-Not:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Retro-ish, arcadey, endless, procedurally generated maze collect/shoot-em-up. For one or two players (2p on the same device. It's a universal app...)

Video is from awhile ago, I've added more stuff since then.. might make a new video soon. I submitted the game to Apple tonight, so with any luck it'll be out in a week or two.. Yay!

Here's what I put into iTunes as the app description:

Quote:
Forget-Me-Not is a tiny little arcade game for one or two players.

Run around the infinite, luridly illuminated corridors, gathering flowers and shooting cute little critters (along with yourself, the other player, and.. everything).

Grab the key to the next floor, and try not to let monsters take it off you. Once you've grabbed all the flowers, the door will appear...

Grind the walls to charge yourself up for super enemy squishing powers and boosted speed. Don't let your charge build too high though or you'll explode.

Collect the longest unbroken chains of flowers you can for big combo points.

Two player mode! Take a friend along to help and/or hinder you.

Procedurally generated, screen-wrapping, destructible mazes. Online scores via Game Center. Tiny little pixelly graphics and zappy retro sound effects.

Last edited by nyarla; 03-02-2011 at 11:02 AM.
03-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Saw your game on Indiegames-Weblog a couple weeks back, and have been waiting for word that you've submitted it to the app store. Will be purchasing as soon as it's available.

03-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Another nyarla game? Sweet!

Though, I think it's not as rad as Space Surfing was.

When will Space Surfing get it's own separate app and get upgraded?

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
03-02-2011, 10:19 PM
seems like todays pac-man... i like

Add Me on Gamecenter/Steam: Fireball926
03-03-2011, 04:59 AM
cheers guys

doodlejumper: Super Space Surfing?... one day!... when i have time.. Forget-Me-Not was a quick fun project done in between other stuff.

Fireball926: Pac-Man is of course an influence But the biggest influence is these two obscure little Commodore 64 games, Crossroads 1 and 2. They have big mazes packed full of tiny little enemies, screen wrapping, bullets which keep flying forever until they hit something, etc.. the big thing I liked about those games was the feeling they give you that you, the player, are just another little creature in the maze, not much different from the enemies.

Some F-M-N pics...
03-14-2011, 05:51 PM
This game really looks incredible. I saw this originally on Indie-game-blog or whatever it's called, and it really looks like my kinda thing. I'm familiar with the Crossroads games myself, which was indeed the first thing I thought of when I saw this.

Any idea on when exactly this might finally appear for download on the store?

I've heard that the submission process for these can be quite a hassle sometimes and can take forever.... hoping that wont happen.
03-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
This game really looks incredible. I saw this originally on Indie-game-blog or whatever it's called, and it really looks like my kinda thing. I'm familiar with the Crossroads games myself, which was indeed the first thing I thought of when I saw this.

Any idea on when exactly this might finally appear for download on the store?

I've heard that the submission process for these can be quite a hassle sometimes and can take forever.... hoping that wont happen.
Hey, thanks! I had originally submitted it awhile ago, but then I ended up cancelling that so I could add a few more things to the game.. finally submitted version 1.0 two days ago. So hopefully it'll appear in one more week.

Last edited by nyarla; 03-15-2011 at 09:20 PM.