★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Crunch - The Game... new FREE puzzle game!

03-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Crunch - The Game... new FREE puzzle game!

Hi guys,

My company's 1st project has just released on iTunes and I'm hoping you'll be up for trying it out (it is free after all!) and giving me some of that tasty feedback-goodness we all love

The game is found here (AppStore link).

Key Features:

* Playable on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
* Highscore tables (including their own Facebook page for more gloating!)
* 2 distinct modes of play: Puzzle and Race
* Endless playtime (think Tetris, it just gets faster/harder the longer you survive, but you also get more pts)
* Number-based block clearing puzzle game

There's also a nice product page for it here, if you want a touch more detail and a little video (at the bottom).

-----------

Aaanyway now the 'sales' bit is out of the way, I'd really like to emphasise the importance for me, as a developer, to get feedback from you guys.

Love it? Hate it? Couldn't care less? Please tell me (preferably with a 'why') because I only want to get better at making games, and you guys are the only people who'll be truly honest about it

I'll be lurking on here most days now, sifting for tidbits and praying for some really good, open opinions.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy it!

Andrew

Last edited by SpiltMilkStudios; 03-03-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: slight rewording
03-08-2011, 10:13 AM

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby

03-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Looks Drop7-ish. Looks clean and interesting. Can't hurt to give it a whirl for free!

03-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Glad you're willing to give it a whirl, let me know what you think!

Also, thanks for the cool post with the info in it!
03-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Tried it, and it was great until I tried to click a "-" on about level 3 of the Puzzle Mode. It crashed back to the home screen, though the game is still running. However, when I try to resume it just shows the company logo before crashing back to the Home screen again. Seems good though, once you've sorted this bug I think it'll be a great game Hope the bug report helps! Let me know if you need more info. I'm running iPhone 4 with 4.2.1 unjailbroken.
03-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Uh oh I'll have to take a look a see what that's all about - thanks for the details man, much appreciated!

Glad you like it (except the crash)
03-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Looks kewl, I'm in.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
03-08-2011, 06:03 PM
So played this for a bit and no it's not like Drop7. It's a simple but well presented addition game sponsored by a British accounting firm. I enjoyed Race mode more than Puzzle mode. In Race, you must equate to the target number as fast as possible before a marker hits the bottom. In Puzzle, the number blocks stack upon each other and you must equate before the play field fills up. I found that my screen filled up too rapidly before a low digit number appeared.

I think this would be a perfect game for elementary age children and adults who love math flash cards

03-09-2011, 04:03 AM
Glad you enjoyed the game; race is my favourite too

Did you know you can use the marker in equations, thereby resetting it and enabling more points as you play on?

Anyway thanks a ton for the thoughtful comments, and please do tell any of your maths flash card loving friends, especially any with elementary-school level children
03-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Very nice game...and free! No bothersome ads and fantastic gameplay. Great job!

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy