★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Bitmap Brothers'Z coming to iPhone/iPod Touch

03-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology [Original Poster]
Bitmap Brothers'Z coming to iPhone/iPod Touch

From Front Page:

Quote:
We've got some seriously good news from GDC 2011 for our retro game-loving readers out there. A pile of Bitmap Brothers Amiga classics are on the way to iOS from two different developers.
This morning we spoke with KavCom games who demonstrated an iOS version of Z, a real-time strategy game that was originally released in 1996. The game consists of two armies of robots battling for control of a series of planets. We captured a bit gameplay video of a pre-release build on both the iPhone and iPad. The video won't mean much to those unfamiliar of the series, but should show existing fans a taste of the upcoming iOS version.
Z was highly rated and very popular game during its time. We'll have more information and screenshots about the game shortly.

Last edited by crex; 03-03-2011 at 10:09 PM.
03-04-2011, 04:28 AM
Looks good to me, definitely interested in the other Bitmap Brothers titles too - The Chaos Engine was a great game, though it was best played co-op; I'm not sure how it'll be single player.

Jon Hare was obviously deeply involved with Sensible Software, so I'm hopeful that Sensible Soccer & Cannon Fodder will follow. Now that would be something!
03-04-2011, 04:35 AM
I like the look of the game. I'll have to check it out.
03-04-2011, 04:50 AM
I loved the original Z Steel Soliders, it was based on capturing flags that gave you control over parts of the map, which gave the battles a natural front line. I've only seen that since in Company of Heroes! The robots are very funny too.

Really looking forward to playing this one again!
03-05-2011, 05:45 PM
I'd love to know what Jon's plans are for the football game mentioned in TA's article on the main page..
03-05-2011, 06:17 PM
i'd tap that..BUY button when it hits US stores

Gamecenter: EyesAblaze
Need a beta tester with great feedback? Pm me.
Part time dick arounder at toucharcade.
Starslinger fan.