★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

why user banned?

03-03-2011, 10:41 PM
why user banned?

Sorry for my abruptness. Anybody can tell what's the maximal posts of a day? If surpass this count, the account could be banned?

It strikes me that I'd better refrain and do not leave any comments after viewing threads. Otherwise you will get banned for posting spam
03-03-2011, 10:49 PM
What?

03-03-2011, 10:51 PM
What's it all about?
03-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Not exactly the best place to ask this...

Anyway, you won't get banned for spamming if you're actually posting something meaningful to the topic. If you post 100 one-word/off-topic replies in a row they might think you're just trying to boost your post count and give you an infraction... if you got banned it must have been something more serious.

Oh, and no advertising.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
03-03-2011, 11:02 PM
In general, users will receive an infraction notice first to tell them what is not acceptable. Then a temporary ban is issued when more infractions ensue. Finally, if things get out of hand (e.g. ban evasion, making multiple accounts, etc) a permanent ban is not out of the question. This is not always how things flow, but in general, yes.

The forum rules are here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/announcement.php?f=2 and for more specific cases, hopefully common sense can help. If not, just ask.

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
03-04-2011, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prab View Post
In general, users will receive an infraction notice first to tell them what is not acceptable. Then a temporary ban is issued when more infractions ensue. Finally, if things get out of hand (e.g. ban evasion, making multiple accounts, etc) a permanent ban is not out of the question. This is not always how things flow, but in general, yes.

The forum rules are here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/announcement.php?f=2 and for more specific cases, hopefully common sense can help. If not, just ask.
I didn't receive an infraction before my account got banned. I guess maybe it's automatically banned because of massive post counts. But I don't think what I posted are spam or something like advertises. Sad that I feel I can't speak to much here or I will get banned.
03-04-2011, 04:39 AM
Stop using proxies and a dozen accounts to post on the forums and may be we'll talk.

/thread
03-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Well this turned out to be an interesting turn on a thread.
Ah, in the end the truth finally comes out.
03-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
Well this turned out to be an interesting turn on a thread.
Ah, in the end the truth finally comes out.

You took the words out of my mouth. It's as always, Coldar. *nods*

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
03-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Stop using proxies and a dozen accounts to post on the forums and may be we'll talk.

/thread
Dun, Dun, Dun.