★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Build-A-Lot or SimCity

04-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Build-A-Lot or SimCity

i really can't decide, i think they are bought the same type of game, but i want to no which one is better.

What do u guys think

Game Center ID:
Chukwuka13
04-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Hey not to knock this guy for making this thread, because personally I don't mind them, but couldn't we put these into a new category? Probably the same one that houses the what do I do with my last $3.17 on my iTunes gift card.

btw, I say Simcity is pretty weak but I haven't played Build-A-Lot either. I'd say if you don't have either put your $5 towards Flight Control and Sentinel. You'll still have $1.02 left to buy some other game.

04-01-2009, 05:36 PM
both are better than urban tycoon anyday

i didn't care for sim city, and didn't even know about the build a lot one
04-01-2009, 05:52 PM
I applaude EA for trying, I really do. However, the iPhone/iPod touch platform simply does not do such a great game as SimCity justice. There's too much going on in SimCity so the small screen becomes extremely cluttered. SimCity was not made for a touch screen because it's sensitive and a pain to build or zone anything because your finger gets in the way of what your trying to do. I gave it a shot, I had high hopes for SimCity and I think EA did the best they could. No matter who made SimCity, it's just not made for a small touch screen.

For those of you who were wondering, find out more about Build-A-Lot here:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=8385

/sarcasm
04-01-2009, 05:54 PM
I'd try Build-A-Lot. I've always loved Sim City but the iPhone version isn't too great; I hardly ever pick it up.
04-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDubby94 View Post
I applaude EA for trying, I really do. However, the iPhone/iPod touch platform simply does not do such a great game as SimCity justice. There's too much going on in SimCity so the small screen becomes extremely cluttered. SimCity was not made for a touch screen because it's sensitive and a pain to build or zone anything because your finger gets in the way of what your trying to do. I gave it a shot, I had high hopes for SimCity and I think EA did the best they could. No matter who made SimCity, it's just not made for a small touch screen.
I agree.. but still.

04-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrWalrus View Post
I agree.. but still.

Haha that's exactly how I'd put it. Your best just isn't enough. You fail.

/sarcasm
04-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikinikiniki View Post
I'd try Build-A-Lot. I've always loved Sim City but the iPhone version isn't too great; I hardly ever pick it up.
I agree. SimCity on iPhone/iPod Touch just doesn't really work. I bought it for 9.99 when it first came out and I've barely even played it. I'd probably go with Build-A-Lot, even though I've never played it.
04-01-2009, 06:25 PM
have played both !

sim-city nice idea unfortuntely completely unplayable even with the last update !

build a lot polished,nicely done -entertaining. in fact pretty perfect

result 10-2 for build a lot

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
04-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Yea i bought sim city when it first came out and i have played it for about an 1 total. Complete waste of my money. oh well.
I dont have the other game.