★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Bumpy Road (by Simogo - developers of Kosmo Spin)

03-04-2011, 04:35 AM
#1
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,897
Bumpy Road (by Simogo - developers of Kosmo Spin)

http://www.simogo.com/games/bumpyroad/












Quote:

Bumpy Road is a love story on four wheels. We're wrapping it up as you're reading this, and it will be available on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Mac early this spring.

-Je crois que le printemps est arrivé, mon amour. Veux-tu aller faire un tour en voiture, comme au bon vieux temps?"

-Quelle excellente idée ! Laisse-moi prendre mon sac. N'oublie pas ton chapeau mon chéri.

Spring is here and a loving couple in their autumn years have decided to go for a ride in their car, just like in the old days. Bump the road with a simple touch to safely guide them on their trip and help them collect the memories of their past.

- A completely new and original control method. Use the touchscreen to modify the ground and push the characters around. A platform game tailored for touch input!
- A feel good arcade game with a moving story – Discover the life of a family as you find memories while you play.
- Travel as far as you can in ”Evergreen Ride” or beat your best times in ”Sunday Trip”. Then sit back and relax as you enjoy the story in ”Memory Lane”.
- All the bells and whistles – Universal app, retina display visuals and achievements and leaderboards on Game Center as well as Facebook score posting.

Last edited by arta; 03-04-2011 at 05:43 AM.
03-04-2011, 04:47 AM
#2
Was just about to post this myself. Simon here, one half of Simogo.

Here's more:
http://www.simogo.com/games/bumpyroad/

03-04-2011, 05:41 AM
#3
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjagorilla View Post
Was just about to post this myself. Simon here, one half of Simogo.

Here's more:
http://www.simogo.com/games/bumpyroad/
Updated the OP with your info.

And WOW. Just wow. This is something that Nintendo would be proud to have on its Nintendo DS. Congratulations of making what looks to be a really spectacular game!
03-04-2011, 05:51 AM
#4
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: australia
Posts: 900
Looks cool.
Look forward to seeing more.
03-04-2011, 05:52 AM
#5
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,777
Kosmo Spin was a fun game and Bumpy Road looks cool, im interested.
03-04-2011, 06:04 AM
#6
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 204
I LOVE Kosmo Spin and am seriously looking forward to this! It's original, has a great gameplay mechanic, the story looks touching, and the graphics are amazing!

I hope you continue to update Kosmo Spin as well. So far Simogo, you are really starting to become one of the few "Insta-Buy" developers.

Favorite: Doodle Jump, Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Battle Bears, Hook Champ, Incident, Minigore, Helsing's Fire, Monster Dash, Tilt to Live, PvZ, Super Mega Worm, Age of Zombies, Wispin, Cut the Rope & Rogue Runner
03-04-2011, 06:18 AM
#7
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3,872
Looks Amazing!

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
03-04-2011, 06:19 AM
#8
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 718
I didn't try Kosmo Spin because some reviews talk about motion thickness, but Bumpy Road seems totally safer, so I'll give it a try.
The story is nice and collecting memories is appealing for me. Art is great as always, Simon is really talented
03-04-2011, 07:10 AM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Updated the OP with your info.
And WOW. Just wow. This is something that Nintendo would be proud to have on its Nintendo DS. Congratulations of making what looks to be a really spectacular game!
Cool (BIG Nintendo fan here). The parallax layers would probably look pretty freaking stunning in 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBC View Post
I LOVE Kosmo Spin and am seriously looking forward to this! It's original, has a great gameplay mechanic, the story looks touching, and the graphics are amazing!
I hope you continue to update Kosmo Spin as well. So far Simogo, you are really starting to become one of the few "Insta-Buy" developers.
That makes us very happy to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
I didn't try Kosmo Spin because some reviews talk about motion thickness, but Bumpy Road seems totally safer, so I'll give it a try.
The story is nice and collecting memories is appealing for me. Art is great as always, Simon is really talented
Don't trust 'em!
I can see it happening on an iPad - But you should be fine on the smaller devices.
03-04-2011, 07:17 AM
#10
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 3,175
Some of the best artwork I've seen for a mobile game.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy