★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Zink Games
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: This Is Sudoku introduces a new scenario. All squares are already filled in with their possibles values and you need to get rid of them by spotting logical strategies's patterns until you get the right number for a square. How good will you be at it?

This Is Sudoku won't let you to set a number as in any other sudoku games if you can't spot the right technique or get rid of the possibles values for a cell.
Once you set a number in This Is Sudoku you can be 100% sure that it is the right number hence you will never need to backtrack to restore the puzzle.
It is targeted to sudoku players who wants to solve them (or learn how to) in a technical way.

Are you up for the challenge?

FEATURES
-Logical thinking rather than guessing
-9 powerful strategies to solve the Sudokus
-Hardest levels locked until you get the right skill
-Advanced solver step-by-step: the fox! You can ask him to solve the next step but be careful to your skill points!
-More than 400 Sudokus puzzles designed from scratch to fully entertain you
-Advanced interactive tutorials that will show you how the logic behind Sudoku works
-Newspaper option to input your favorite Sudokus
-In-game quick help
03-08-2011, 06:14 PM
A video has been added.
This video shows 30 seconds of This Is Sudoku gameplay and how powerful logic techniques can be. Spotting two Naked Subset and one Hidden Single was all it needs to be solved.

Youtube link | Pop Up

03-08-2011, 06:30 PM
I love sudoku so I just picked this up. Seems very good so far except on an iPhone 4 the lack if retina graphics really shows up badly. This desperately needs to be updated with this.

Jamie
03-08-2011, 08:45 PM
I'll do my best to include it on the first update.
I'm coding more examples for the tutorials to help players to learn techniques better and making a less "clever" fox, and including support for retina display is what is next in my checklist.
Thanks for your support badmanj.
03-09-2011, 02:58 AM
I bought two Sudoku books several months ago. But only few of them completed because it's troublesome to correct the wrong guess.

Well, I am installing Sudoku. Hope I could get fun
03-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks to you too for supporting the game adorinellen.
There's no such thing as a wrong guess in the game. If you set a number on a cell you can be 100% sure that it is the right number. It is backed up by a logic reasoning on the candidates.
I hope you are getting fun from it.
03-10-2011, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisissudoku View Post
Thanks to you too for supporting the game adorinellen.
There's no such thing as a wrong guess in the game. If you set a number on a cell you can be 100% sure that it is the right number. It is backed up by a logic reasoning on the candidates.
I hope you are getting fun from it.
It hints the number I put in cell is right or wrong and easy the game somehow, but I like this way.
03-10-2011, 01:33 AM
Haven't played a game of Sudoku since last year...and got a bit tired from playing Gem Sudoku. Maybe i'll give this a try.

But $1.99 is a bit too much...how about a promo code?

Currently Playing (with serious game time): Tiny Wings, Street Fighter IV, Sandstorm, Cat Physics
03-10-2011, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite Cola View Post
Haven't played a game of Sudoku since last year...and got a bit tired from playing Gem Sudoku. Maybe i'll give this a try.

But $1.99 is a bit too much...how about a promo code?
How about reading the site rules? Lulzcraft

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
03-10-2011, 02:56 AM
I have got a similar one named Sudoku2.