★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Max & The Magic Marker by EA

03-05-2011, 12:19 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology [Original Poster]
Max & The Magic Marker by EA

From Appadvice:

Quote:
Another intriguing game from EA is Max & The Magic Marker, which is an adventure game combined with the stylings of Touch Physics ($1.99). You draw shapes on the screen to manipulate the environment and you move through the worlds by drawing bridges, making balls to launch yourself on a teeter-totter, and by drawing bubbles to cross through dangerous areas. You collect ink for your magic marker as you go, and you have multiple obstacles in your way. The best aspect is that there is no one right shape to draw or method to use to advance through the puzzle. Overall, the game is great to pick up and play and has a nice puzzle-platformer feel.
There will be 3 different worlds, and 58 levels. The game has a somewhat doodle/cartoon style, and will be coming to iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad. Max & The Magic Marker is expected to be launched in late March or Early April.
03-05-2011, 11:01 AM
I got it on Wiiware. I might get this version and I hope drawing things is easier than with a Wiimote.
03-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology [Original Poster]
Slidetoplay Hands-On:

Quote:
You may already be familiar with Max and the Magic Marker, as it came out last year on PC, Mac, and WiiWare. In most ways this game is a traditional platformer except that, as you play, you collect ink spheres that you can use to draw objects in the game world. So if you come to a ledge that's too high to reach, you can use the touchscreen to draw stairs that your character can climb. Once you're on the cliff, just double-tap the stairs to make them disappear, refilling your ink supply. It’s fun and intuitive, and a perfect fit on iDevices. Max and the Magic Marker will be available for both iPhone and iPad on March 10.