★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Invasion of the Zakks?

04-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Invasion of the Zakks?

Has anyone tried this?
It looks interesting and like ultimate finger, but it looks like there's some third person shooting type stuff involved.
04-01-2009, 07:51 PM

http://www.tenfingersclub.com for fair reviews and the occasional promo code giveaway.
Car Jack Streets is out!!!!Link
Looking forward: Bethesda game, Terminator
I'm Playing Galaxy of fire 3D, Galcon, Watchmen: Justice is Coming, and Black Shades

04-01-2009, 07:52 PM
04-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Yea, a little too expensive for me, especially with so many higher quality games to buy
04-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Hi! I made Invasion of the Zakks, and I'm doing a little market research (mostly to analyze for upcoming games we have). We have a lite/free version of Zakks about to come out, so I'm guessing you guys would have downloaded that if it were available now.

But, having not played the game, could you give me a rundown of what prices would have tempted you? i.e,
$1 - YES!
$2 - Yes
$3 - Yeah, maybe
$4 - No (though a demo could easily sway me)
$5 - NO (would need to see a solid demo)

Or, simply if it were $X I would have bought, if it were $Y I would have considered it.
04-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Most people will say $1. There are plenty of one dollar quality games, so to compete and do well, you would need a cheap price point.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
04-02-2009, 09:21 PM
depending on the reviews and feedback from others I would consider for $1.99 but if it's only $0.99 I might just look at the screenshots to decide.
04-02-2009, 09:27 PM
From your perspective, what would get you to buy a game at $3, $4, and $5? Would it have to be a big time game that's already done extremely well? For instance, what makes games like Fieldrunners worth $5, or is it that most people get them on the $2/$3 sales? Or perhaps have a stunning demo?
04-02-2009, 09:33 PM
I'd say a lite version is almost a must (some games that are hyped up don't have or need lites) and will be the best persuasion. People have different tastes in games and that's what you need to consider when submitting a game. If it has numerous game elements it will appeal to a wider range of people thus more hype and feedback. For a lot of developers the hardest part is spreading the word about their game and building up more hype for people to buy it. At $4.99 with little to no one knowing about the game, chances are not many will buy it. But, with a lower price say 1.99 or 0.99 people would be willing to TOFTT and try it out (and thus telling people whether it's good or not). A lot of developers make an "introductory price" which will be lower when the game first comes out which can really help entice people to buy knowing the price will be going up.

Hope this helps?

In other words, if more people tried the game and said they really enjoyed it, I might be persuaded to buy it.

Also, welcome to the forum.

Last edited by Seishu; 04-02-2009 at 09:35 PM.
04-02-2009, 09:34 PM
I got fieldrunners at $5 because of the reviews and how (at the time) it was the only app in the top 100 with 5 stars.

Otherwise, I have to know the developers (like gameloft, ngmoco, EA, etc) before I would quickly buy a 5$+ game.

So good reputation will get me to pay more, and good reviews, hype for the game, or just looks like a quality fun and well made app.

Or else I'll just wait for reviews and gameplay video to see if it would interest me.

And $5 for this game seems high. I would definitely download the demo to see how it plays and what it's all about since that's free. That could get me to buy the full version if it was a good demo.

Twitter: @Zincous