★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Caveman - Lemmings 2011

03-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to mobile1up
Caveman - Lemmings 2011

check out the preview:

http://www.mobile1up.com/caveman/

yes, we have been very quiet - but very busy at the same time.. i just wanted to give everyone a small little preview of what is just around the corner... we could not be more excited about any of our mobile game development efforts.

some of the currently designed levels (shown):

// Aaron Ardiri
Mobile 1UP is a proud indie developer - support us!
developer of Caveman / Caveman HD and GW Series

Last edited by mobile1up; 03-05-2011 at 03:29 PM. Reason: added level preview bitmaps (5)
03-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Wow beautiful levels! Do we sign up to beta test on the website?

Pm me if you would like me to beta test any of your games!
Games I've beta tested/testing: Button Trials, Chalk n' Talk, Third Blade

03-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgooseman17 View Post
Wow beautiful levels! Do we sign up to beta test on the website?
yes! there is a subscription button where we will send out updates - we are also planning to have a lot of cool things to giveaway; we do not want to rush this release, so we would love to also put a good beta-testing phase in place.. if you want to know where this came from; check out:

http://www.mobile1up.com/lemmings/blog/

so; you should have a pretty good idea how far we are

// Aaron Ardiri
03-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Wow I see you almost didn't make this game because if Sony. Well I like the new artwork. I do have a question though. How much do you plan to release the game for? (in dollars).

03-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgooseman17 View Post
Wow I see you almost didn't make this game because if Sony. Well I like the new artwork. I do have a question though. How much do you plan to release the game for? (in dollars).
the original plan was to port our Lemmings code over "as-is" and make it a massive freebie for everyone being so great supporting us over the years. SCEE (Sony Computer Entertainment Europe) didn't like that idea - so, here we are, after putting a nice chunk of time and investment; we have something much better.

everything has been re-done; artwork, audio, levels.. you can imagine the amount of effort required to make this happen.. but, the wait will soon be over and we couldn't be more pleased with the results.. the HD version is awesome. we are rebuilding every single level (120+) and even exploring expansion sets.

we have not decided on a pricing scheme yet; you will definitely get a good taste of this game free. this wasn't something we put together in a weekend *g*

// Aaron Ardiri
03-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Haha obviously not put together in a weekend. I am all for buying this game if it's 3 dollars or less! I wish you the best of luck on this!

03-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Nice,looks great!

Subscribed and waiting the beta test phase... :P

Playing:Carcassonne, Letterpress, Trigger Fist, Dungeon Story, Rebuild, Pen and Paper
Game Center/Openfeint/Plus+/Crystal/Agon/Gameloft Live: tonydeli7
Member of the Beta Tester Alliance Games/Apps I Have Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @tonydeli7
03-05-2011, 01:25 PM
I love lemmings, and i love this idea! I would pay $5 for this, but sadly most people wont. I would say $2.99 is a solid price, and then another $.99-$1.99 per add on!
03-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
I love lemmings, and i love this idea! I would pay $5 for this, but sadly most people wont. I would say $2.99 is a solid price, and then another $.99-$1.99 per add on!
i agree

03-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
we will have both standard iphone versions and HD versions for the ipad - not sure exactly how the pricing will be, but i think we'll be more inclined to get a version out (even with first 30 levels); and then release additional categories as updates.. to give people a great incentive; we'll keep a special discounted price until all the levels are included.. (easy, medium, difficult, insane).. where it'll find its final price point.

so; i think the $2.99 price point can be met at least for the early adopters!

this isn't out first game on the app store; we had titles on the store for around 18 months now - just been a little busy with relocating lately and some drastic changes in life :P normal stuff.

// Aaron Ardiri