★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Chroma Quest

04-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Chroma Quest

i searched for chroma quest and didn't find one. i am interested to hear your reviews. only $0.99 and i would have bought it but i'm feeling a bit guilty because i have spent $20 on games and $30 on ebooks since yesterday.

i need some push to tip me over.

game description:

Clear sequences of two or more tiles of the same color in a row or column until no more than one tile remains. Tiles with a primary color (red, yellow, blue) can be combined with other primary colored tiles to produce a single non-primary colored tile. Similarly, non-primary colored tiles can be split into two primary colors. By strategically combining and separating tiles, you can move tiles around the board to help you on your quest to advance to the next level.

Features
•Game state is saved automatically when you exit the game. You can continue where you left off or start over next time you start Chroma Quest.
•First levels are fairly easy to get you used to the game play, then get more difficult.
•Bonus for clearing all tiles on the board.
•Bonus for completing a level before time runs out (no penalty if time does run out).
•Scores animate across screen as you clear tiles.
•Top 10 scores are saved.
•Help

link to game
link to site
04-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Has potential but doesn't seem to stand out. I'm curious to hear other's opinions.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
04-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Sounds interesting. The color matching reminds me of Dapple. I wonder if they have similar game play..
04-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyzl View Post
Sounds interesting. The color matching reminds me of Dapple. I wonder if they have similar game play..
i also have dapple it took me some time to get used to the color combination.

reading the help for this one made me think it's easier to understand: only combine primary colors and only split non-primary colors...no combining of primary and non-primary.