★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: I know I won't be buying iKnowMovies

10-31-2008, 02:03 PM
I know I won't be buying iKnowMovies

As a movie trivia buff I went to look at this and couldn't believe the description...

How good do you know movies?

Do you know:
- who plays your famous roles in movies?
- who directed your famous movie?
- when your famous movie has been released?

Exam you skills at new existing game "iKnowMovies"

Yikes...

But my favorite part is in the screen shots where they ask who played "Fred Krueger"... Really? Fred? Are we going with the more formal "Fred" now... or is that how the "Famous" role is known...

Anyway, it made me laugh and I'll be waiting for the price drop so that I can see what other mistakes can be found in my famous movies.
10-31-2008, 02:11 PM
Yeah, it's the new thing to do.

Here's another probable question then.

"Who plays Jay in the movie Friday the 13th?"
10-31-2008, 02:15 PM
Ah... but is it the new or old version of the movie.

Or in the case of the designer of iKnowMovies... is it the new existing movie.

I'm a big fan of Ashley in "Army of Darkness".
11-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to JuncoPartner
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickWit View Post
As a movie trivia buff I went to look at this and couldn't believe the description...

How good do you know movies?

Do you know:
- who plays your famous roles in movies?
- who directed your famous movie?
- when your famous movie has been released?

Exam you skills at new existing game "iKnowMovies"

Yikes...

But my favorite part is in the screen shots where they ask who played "Fred Krueger"... Really? Fred? Are we going with the more formal "Fred" now... or is that how the "Famous" role is known...

Anyway, it made me laugh and I'll be waiting for the price drop so that I can see what other mistakes can be found in my famous movies.
I saw this aswell, shocking really. I dont like dissing other developers but there clearly wasnt too much love put into this game.

I'm not sure what the rules are on self promotion here so apologies if this is out of line, but my company has an app awaiting release that I think you will love.

Just waiting on the contracts set up to complete with Apple but the game itself is finished and approved.

Without going into too much detail, it's called Movie Challenge and I honestly believe it blows away any and all the competition in the trivia genre. As opposed to a simple trivia app we've really tried hard to make it into a compelling game; ie. there is more to it than a meaningless rank system!
11-02-2008, 08:05 AM
Hmmm, there's a new app called PrimeTimeQuiz (or something of the sort) which looks like it's premium class. So don't go counting your eggs before they hatch But hopefully, yours will be able to match it/better it.

Best of luck!