★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Classic Tank Game "iCombat" now available

04-02-2009, 02:43 AM
Classic Tank Game "iCombat" now available

Hi everyone,

For those of you who are tank game fans check out iCombat. We designed the game because we were tired of waiting for someone else to make a classic tank arcade shooter for the iPhone like Tank pong or Combat was for the Atari.

We tried to stay true to the old school format, using bouncing missiles and collectible bonus items (invisible, grenades, homing missiles, shield) while adding better graphics and accelerometer steering for the iPhone. The game has an addictive 2 player mode, great original sound, and 20 1-player levels (with an almost unbeatable hard mode!) for the $0.99 starting price so we think it's a pretty good deal.

We are the most hardcore tank game fans so would love it if you could check it out and if you like it, help us spread the word!

You can check out the game in iTunes here or visit our site here (we have been keeping a blog about the dev process). We hope you like it!
04-02-2009, 02:46 AM
i picked this up a couple days ago and enjoyed the only ten minutes i got to play of this game. But will return to it it was nice hope to see some updates in the future too. Improve AI a little more

04-02-2009, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCombat View Post
Hi everyone,

For those of you who are tank game fans check out iCombat. We designed the game because we were tired of waiting for someone else to make a classic tank arcade shooter for the iPhone like Tank pong or Combat was for the Atari.

We tried to stay true to the old school format, using bouncing missiles and collectible bonus items (invisible, grenades, homing missiles, shield) while adding better graphics and accelerometer steering for the iPhone. The game has an addictive 2 player mode, great original sound, and 20 1-player levels (with an almost unbeatable hard mode!) for the $0.99 starting price so we think it's a pretty good deal.

We are the most hardcore tank game fans so would love it if you could check it out and if you like it, help us spread the word!

You can check out the game in iTunes here or visit our site here (we have been keeping a blog about the dev process). We hope you like it!
Welcome to TA Forums. You have a really fun game there.
A few days ago someone made a thread about your game where people have commented on it already. Check it out.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...hlight=icombat
04-02-2009, 03:15 AM
IamAlive,
I just saw that and posted there too. Thanks for the heads up! Zincous gave us a positive review so we are very happy about that. Nice to see others share our enthusiasm for the genre.
04-02-2009, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCombat View Post
Hi everyone,

Hello, Nice to see you on TA. You'll find its a good place to get good feedback about your game like Zinc has done already. I will prob pick this game up soon. I always like when devs stay in touch with the community here and show a interest for feedback and a desire to improve their games even more. Good luck on the game.
04-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott30 View Post
Hello, Nice to see you on TA. You'll find its a good place to get good feedback about your game like Zinc has done already. I will prob pick this game up soon. I always like when devs stay in touch with the community here and show a interest for feedback and a desire to improve their games even more. Good luck on the game.
Thanks, so far it is getting great feedback, everyone has been very supportive. Going to try to offer a d-pad for those who don't like tilt steering as well as add Global High scores so hope to bring that update soon! If you want to read more of a lively discussion of iCombat check out the other TA thread here.
04-05-2009, 09:14 PM
welcome to TA! it's great to see developers here taking a 'front lines' approach to feedback.. Have a good one!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans