★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Turbo Duck is now FREE! Get it now...

It's bath-time in your pocket with Turbo Duck for the iPhone/iPod touch.

Guide Turbo Duck around the pool using the iPhone's accelerometer and touch-screen controls. Collect the flags to gain extra time, while avoiding the toy boats, submarines, mines and other hazards that slowly fill the pool. Make use of your Ducks amazing turbo boost for extra speed. (Trust me you dont want to know how he does it!)

**NEW**! Free-play mode lets you practice, play with the water and feed your duck! Double tap the screen to drop some bread.

Turbo Duck features:

* 20 Levels of bath-time fun
* Bobbing boats
* Submerging (and surfacing) submarines
* Exploding mines
* Bonus Bread (Ducks like bread!)
* Online High score table - compete for a world ranking!
* Brilliant 3D graphics
* Realistic and interactive water

Can you complete all twenty levels and get the highest score?

"Great 3d graphics and beautiful rendered water" - gamedroid.net

Video preview - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f14hj-zhGTo

strawdog's comments:
Like the title says.... our first iPhone/iPod Touch game has now hit the App Store. Gotta say the submission process is a lot less hassle than for Xbox, PS3 and Wii !

View a video of the game......

Youtube link | Pop Up

or check out the website for more info... Turbo Duck page
04-02-2009, 07:02 AM
I've bought your game immediately after watching the trailer. Love the concept and graphics. I still have to find some time to actually play it now...

04-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Just gave it a go. Love it. Very fun and great water animation!
04-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Looks very nicely done! Smooth performance, especially given the water effects, and it looks like a fun concept, a bit like Dougie Moo, only without the item combining thing and with what seems to be better graphics and performance.

Nice.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
04-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Wow. Your game looks so beautifully designed, and I love the duck aspect. It makes me feel silly yet so happy. I'm buying immediately after I finish your youtube video.

However, I am a bit skeptical on the only 20 levels part. Will you possible add... a lot more in the next update?

Last edited by Blaqkie; 04-02-2009 at 10:56 AM.
04-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Oh, I wish I had some money on my account, cause this game looks really good...

Plus+/OpenFeint Username: gscal
04-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Send a message via AIM to Phil_Synowiec Send a message via Skype™ to Phil_Synowiec
I would get it if it was $.99 =D Still Might.
04-04-2009, 07:29 AM
First review just appeared - http://💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩/2009/04/turbo-duck-iphone-review/

Now obviously it says nice things about the game but as a developer the thing that I like about the review is that the reviewer has actually paid attention to the game. He has picked up on the little details like the fact that the submarine surfacing causes a wave that moves your duck. People noticing that kind of detail always makes you feel good as a developer.

Dan Marchant - Biz Dev Bloke Strawdog Studios
Turbo Duck for iPhone/iPod Touch.
07-17-2009, 08:23 AM
The game is now on sale! 0.99 $
http://appshopper.com/link/turbo-duck
07-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Your game looks really nice. Im so tempted to get it but i still have a couple of games that i haven't played and so little time to play right now. One thing i noticed that it has only one shape of swimming pool or am i wrong? It would cool if you added more swimming pool in different shape. Like circle, star, square, etc... a change of scenery also would be nice too! What do you think?