★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

From the makers of Mega Jump comes Mega Run!

03-08-2011, 01:22 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology [Original Poster]
From the makers of Mega Jump comes Mega Run!

From AppAdvice:
Quote:
The same characters, including Redford, Rosie, and Pop Pon will now be running instead of jumping. Mega Run is similar to Canabalt in the same way Mega Jump is similar to Doodle Jump. The basic mechanic is the same, but then they build on top of it in the best ways.
In Mega Run, your character runs automatically, and you tap to jump or dash. It wouldn’t be the Mega Jump style without tons of coins to collect, all of which tie into an upgrade system. There are all kinds of crazy power-ups, and there are enemies to dash through. The backgrounds change as well, and Get Set Games is looking to add checkpoints, which is the greatest feature of Mega Jump.
Mega Run is more like the classic Sonic than anything else, as you run at high speeds with coins, enemies, jumps, and layered platforms all about. We got a brief hands on, and the game absolutely flies, and requires split-second timing. Granted, what we saw was just an early build, but just imagine all the great aspects of Mega Jump, and then tilt it to the side, and combine it with Sonic the Hedgehog.
Mega Run will adopt the same freemium model as Mega Jump so that you can add money for quicker upgrades, but the payment never feels essential for complete enjoyment.
03-08-2011, 01:31 AM
Awesome. Hopefully it's not as hard as Mega Jump.

03-08-2011, 01:47 AM
Release date ?
03-08-2011, 02:22 AM
if it has the same godawful coin system implemented, i'll pass.

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
03-08-2011, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Awesome. Hopefully it's not as hard as Mega Jump.
As characters run automatically, it will be easier than Mega Jump.
03-08-2011, 05:02 AM
This looks really nice as a normal platform game. I'm not quite sure I understand all this "automatic running" nonsense. Personally, I much prefer the old-school platformer games like Mario & Sonic (or Pizza Boy & League of Evil on the iOS )

I enjoyed Canabalt, but everything else just feels like a clone wrapped up in different visuals..
03-08-2011, 05:33 AM
Can't wait for this. Love Mega Jump.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
03-08-2011, 07:50 PM
I love the concept, but if this gets blown like Mega Jump did with increased difficulty, too much stuff onscreen at once, and IAP, then this will suck.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
03-08-2011, 08:04 PM
If it's just Mega Jump turned into a endless runner then i'll pass, Mega Jump was alright but they added to much iAP stuff and made it more complex then it needed to be.
03-08-2011, 08:45 PM
I like Mega Jump for it's a great challenge get upgrade and the graphics looks good.

It feels that tap control is easier than tilt control. Looking forward its coming up and video.