★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

My App doesn't make any downlaod, what should I do???

03-08-2011, 02:16 AM
My App doesn't make any downlaod, what should I do???

I have an app named "Giddy Match" ---is a puzzle solving game. It was released on Nov,2010. But didn't make so much response to the user! The download of this app is very poor.

What should I do to increase the download?
03-08-2011, 02:47 AM
Sorry man, the app store is brutal. I released a game late 2009 and only got my first royalty cheque this week (makes me laugh :P). There is just so many apps on there that even good apps slip through the cracks. I would think that you need a solid product so word of mouth sells the game and you also need to market it extremely well. I think once an app has momentum you get quite a few sales but it is really hard with so many being released so often. Better luck next time dude

Summary:
1) Solid Product with lots of polish
2) Marketing is King

03-08-2011, 02:53 AM
Funnily enough, I can't find it in the app store. :P
03-08-2011, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexADGC View Post
Funnily enough, I can't find it in the app store. :P
It's iPad only. So if you are looking from an iPhone or iPod Touch, you won't see it.

Twitter: @Zincous
03-08-2011, 03:03 AM
Ahh, that would explain it.

Well, I suppose making some quality free games and advertising yourself through sites such as these would be good, and would increase your 'fame' as such. Then you can make some great, unique addictive games which people may like. That's just coming from a consumer perspective, though.
03-08-2011, 04:02 AM
you said it best. luck plays a part when u are an indie developer.

not so much when u are working for those top dudes which shudnt be in the app store imo.
03-08-2011, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexADGC View Post
Ahh, that would explain it.

Well, I suppose making some quality free games and advertising yourself through sites such as these would be good, and would increase your 'fame' as such. Then you can make some great, unique addictive games which people may like. That's just coming from a consumer perspective, though.
well, would you tell me how you will do that!

I have several games and I will give you those.
03-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Well I suppose you should make them as appealing as possible, ask for ideas and improvements from forums like these and advertise! I took a look at Giddy Match, and it already looks very polished - how about starting by porting it to the iPhone as a free release and then spreading the word? That would be a good way to expand your audience.

Oh, and if I had to change one thing from the game, it'd be the font on the top bars while you're playing. Just me, though. :P

Last edited by AlexADGC; 03-08-2011 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Added thingy at end.
03-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Summary:
1) Solid Product with lots of polish
2) Marketing is King
Let me add to this list.
3) See #2
4) See #2
5) See #2
6) See #2

iPhone/iPod Touch Apps by Tiny Tech Studios
03-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Yeep, marketing is everything. Once people see it on popular websites. They download it and tell their friends. And it goes on and on from there.
One suggestion is ask FreeAppADay to feature your app