★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: **BE QUICK - Extended Free Period !!! Laststandstan is free 16 Aug 2011 for 2 days in association with http://www.DailyAppDream.com. Download the Daily App Dreams App to find out about the other free apps on offer each
day!"

Stan also thanks "FreeAppReport.com Featured App!"
**WHATS HOT! What Apple Are Playing!** Average "Highly Addictive"
AppCraver "Brings Arcade-Style Action to iPhone Gaming"
CrazyMikesapps "LastStandStan iPhone game is a fresh fixed shooter casual game that you will have a hard time putting down"
iFanzine "An enjoyable blend of intergalactic firefights and on-the-fly strategizing"
Arcadelife "Stan rocks!"
Qwertyhub "My recommendation for LastStandStan? Grab it!"

Come and join the Battle - Join thousands of Po'Trubian Defenders!

Previously Listed iTunes Games New and Noteworthy & Featured Game**

Po'Trubia Needs YOU! Sign Up and join the battle...A highly addictive and very challenging game.

Take control of Stan (STatic Alien Neutraliser) to defend the last PoTrubian world from the evil Sleevils.

He's a rusty and battered retired robot but still packs a punch when he's called back to duty by the gentle Po'Trubians.

This game starts gently but don't fall into that trap - Oh no, the Sleevils will get very tough, quickly and will do everything to destroy you and then the Po'Trubians. Stan gets many weapon and feature upgrades but use them wisely or you'll be without them when a new Sleevil comes along..

This is what you'll face:

2 x games modes available to the player:
1.Campaign 20 Levels with a Sleevil Boss to defeat at the end of each 5th Level. In this mode weapons are released as the player progresses through the 20 Levels.
2.Survival None stop game play until Stan is defeated. Tip: Only those weapons and features released in the Campaign Mode will be available in Survival Mode.
To aid the defense Stan will have many powerful weapons to use against the 9 different Sleevil types and 4 Bosses. Tip: Each Weapon will have a different destructive impact on each Sleevil type.

laststandstan's comments:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/laststandstan/id417222670?mt=8&ls=1

** update **

Laststandstan v1.1 available now
Includes bug fixes, sound track, transparent icons, move of menu button with warning dialogue

Laststandstan v1.2 in AppStore Review
Includes in game soundtrack, 46 game awards linked to Game Center, faster progress in early levels, easier start in Survival Mode, award cabinet

Laststandstan Lite submission to AppStore soon
02-11-2011, 08:29 PM
look ok. does it have achievements?

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106

02-11-2011, 08:45 PM

02-11-2011, 09:13 PM
No achievements, but it is quite good fun. Just had a quick blast.

(GC = BUNGLEZ) (OF = farmersuitical) (Plus+ = bungle747) (Crystal = bunglez)

I review apps and games frequently in the UK app store, and here on the forums. If you want anything reviewed, just ask.
02-11-2011, 09:38 PM
No achievements?! Sold!
02-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Game Impressions

Potential. It's that word again. And this game's full of it. But let me get the issues out of the way first:

"Menu" button should pause the game. Not immediately quit to main menu trashing whatever score you'd accumulated at the time.

I should only need to type my name in once, not after every single game.

A second finger placed on screen should override the initial finger controlling the turret. You shouldn't have to lift one finger off before input from another registers.

Instructions are needed. I had no idea how to change weapons, for example, for the length of the first two levels. (You tap on your ship.)

First time I tried playing survival mode the game crashed. Upon restarting all enemy ships appeared as white square blocks and the game would crash momentarily. Shutting the app down, even rebooting the iPhone did not help. I needed to delete the app and re-download. Played for about a half hour since and no problem thus far. (Note, this was on a 3GS.)

Alright, with that out of the way, this is a nice game. Artistically styled, smooth frame rate, nice variation in enemies and weapons, and just when you think the gameplay might be leveling out it throws up surprises. Fun and enjoyable.
02-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Instructions are needed. I had no idea how to change weapons, for example, for the length of the first two levels. (You tap on your ship.)
Ahh that's how you do it! Thanks.

I agree with pretty much everything he said ^

I didn't suffer from any crashes tho' . iPod touch 4th gen. I also wasn't sure where I was supposed to tap to aim. On the ships? In the corner of the screen? Occasionally the turret seemed unresponsive to my movements, depending where I tapped.

(GC = BUNGLEZ) (OF = farmersuitical) (Plus+ = bungle747) (Crystal = bunglez)

I review apps and games frequently in the UK app store, and here on the forums. If you want anything reviewed, just ask.
02-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunglez View Post
Ahh that's how you do it! Thanks.

I agree with pretty much everything he said ^

I didn't suffer from any crashes tho' . iPod touch 4th gen. I also wasn't sure where I was supposed to tap to aim. On the ships? In the corner of the screen? Occasionally the turret seemed unresponsive to my movements, depending where I tapped.
I think the turret will simply shoot in a straight line between it and where you place your finger, so it doesn't matter if it's right on an enemy, in front or behind it so long as it's in line of sight. I'm fairly certain the unresponsiveness is due to needing to lift one finger before it'll register input for another. If you're a split second too soon it simply doesn't register the input. Any fresh input should simply override the last. As well as revert to previous if you take the second finger off again. It's basic stuff, as is inputting your name, and not quitting to main screen without confirmation. You could say this game is basically riddled with "rookie errors," which while easily fixed still need to actually be addressed. The game itself certainly deserves it.
02-12-2011, 02:28 AM
Good comments and noted.

I will address the instructions, menu button asap. I am working on achievements now.

I will investigate the other points asap.
02-12-2011, 04:09 AM
Questions?

The button concern I should be able change very quickly so keep an eye out for that update...

The achievements will take a little longer as will help file because it involves illustration work but I will certainly be getting that done...

Its my first game and you comments are great thank you ... when you spend so much time involved with the production you do end up with narrow view and miss things like the in game menu button! The game itself is as I wanted in that its a quick pick up and play blaster which is quite tough to complete...

As for the scoring....a question:

Currently Stan starts a new score everytime you play...would you prefer a scoring that accumulates?

Please pass on what else you'd like added to the game parameters?

although critics are tough (being the sensitive type) I do appreciate the value in the comments so keep them coming ...

If you've bought the game please leave feedback but be gentle its 59p and I've put in 100's hours and will be adding to the game asap..