★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

A new developer outside US

04-02-2009, 06:58 AM
#1
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Santo Domingo, República Dominicana
Posts: 24
A new developer outside US

I'm on my way learning iPhone Dev. and I'm almost ready to start my first crap game, but before I pay for the Developer Program I would like to know some things:

I live outside the US, in the Dominican Republic, and I want to know if this would be a problem. Do I need to live in the US? Do I have to be a US Citizen or a US Resident? Or have an account in a US Bank?(Can I?) How can Apple pay me if I live outside US?

Any info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
04-02-2009, 07:04 AM
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelmejiaganan View Post
I'm on my way learning iPhone Dev. and I'm almost ready to start my first crap game, but before I pay for the Developer Program I would like to know some things:

I live outside the US, in the Dominican Republic, and I want to know if this would be a problem. Do I need to live in the US? Do I have to be a US Citizen or a US Resident? Or have an account in a US Bank?(Can I?) How can Apple pay me if I live outside US?

Any info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the World.
Did you know about Google?
Did you know that Apple has an official website?
Did you know that some years ago someone invented bank transfers?


Be cool

04-02-2009, 07:10 AM
#3
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Santo Domingo, República Dominicana
Posts: 24
Thanks for your answer, but sometimes people look for answers from people directly involved in the matter. Any info?
04-02-2009, 09:03 AM
#4
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 515
Quote:
I live outside the US, in the Dominican Republic, and I want to know if this would be a problem.
You will need to check with Apple about the specifics of the Dominican Rebublic, but most places in the world are fine.

Quote:
Do I need to live in the US?
No

Quote:
Do I have to be a US Citizen or a US Resident?
No

Quote:
Or have an account in a US Bank?
No

Quote:
(Can I?)
That is up to you.

Quote:
How can Apple pay me if I live outside US?
Apple pays developers by putting the money in their bank account.

Glad to help! You can find a lot more information at the Apple web site.
04-02-2009, 11:37 AM
#5
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Santo Domingo, República Dominicana
Posts: 24
Now THAT is an answer. Thank you very much Mr. Mansell.

It is not much, but I'll thank you by buying right now your 2 paid apps. I'll also review them. Thanks
04-02-2009, 03:36 PM
#6
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotlight View Post
Welcome to the World.
Did you know about Google?
Did you know that Apple has an official website?
Did you know that some years ago someone invented bank transfers?
Well dude you can actually help him instead of being like a huge piece of turd.

I apologize on behalf of this yank, joel.
04-06-2009, 07:36 AM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudehuge View Post
Well dude you can actually help him instead of being like a huge piece of turd.

I apologize on behalf of this yank, joel.

Thanks Joel, you are very kind. You deserve to go to Heaven.
04-06-2009, 10:13 PM
#8
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotlight View Post
Thanks Joel, you are very kind. You deserve to go to Heaven.
Oooo how old are you 10?(I would have said 11 but just seems to mature of an age)

Playing: HookChamp.WheelersTreasure.BaseballSuperstars2010. SniperVsSniper.RealRacing.
Wanting:Command&Conquer.Madden2010.
WaitingList: SpaceTripper.RoguePlanet.MiniSquadron.R-Type.
04-06-2009, 11:09 PM
#9
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOZ View Post
Oooo how old are you 10?(I would have said 11 but just seems to mature of an age)
He's just trying to be kind.
You're just being an idiot.
04-06-2009, 11:16 PM
#10
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchennyken View Post
He's just trying to be kind.
You're just being an idiot.
Im pretty sure he is being sarcastic, but if he's not then I apologize, but you don't need to call me an idiot in order to get your point across.

Playing: HookChamp.WheelersTreasure.BaseballSuperstars2010. SniperVsSniper.RealRacing.
Wanting:Command&Conquer.Madden2010.
WaitingList: SpaceTripper.RoguePlanet.MiniSquadron.R-Type.