★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Sound Not Working In Blitz Blok

04-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Send a message via AIM to travistrue08 Send a message via MSN to travistrue08
Sound Not Working In Blitz Blok

When the iPhone OS 2.2 SDK came out, I started to build Blitz Blok using that version of SDK instead of iPhone OS SDK 2.1, but then reverted when I found that the audio code I was using was deprecated, and therefore, unsupported by the newer SDKs. I recently upgraded my iPhone and all my iPods to 3.0 so that I can get ready for the big update this summer, but discovered that sound does not work even though it is supported by the 2.1 frameworks. I believe that this could be due to my iPhone using a beta OS which does have some quirks in it, but it could be due to the lack of support by the newer OS's too. So, can the Blitz Blok users on these forums tell me which OS version you are using and whether you hear background music and sound effects playing? It would be much appreciated!

I am currently working on some new audio code that will work on all iPhone OS versions and perform other tasks that to old code does not. This is however, not my top priority until I know it is a real problem or not. It is crucial to know this because we are adding a bunch of audio content to our future software update. Please keep me posted!

Founder and Top Exec at TRUESoft Entertainment! Check out our games: Blitz Blok and Blitz Blok Lite!
04-02-2009, 10:07 AM
I'm on v2.2.1 and noticed this last night with the lite version. The sound would be fine at first and then it would completely cut out.
04-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Dang, that's the first I've hear of it cutting in and out which isn't good at all. I'll get to work on that new audio implementation right away.

Founder and Top Exec at TRUESoft Entertainment! Check out our games: Blitz Blok and Blitz Blok Lite!
04-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travistrue08 View Post
Dang, that's the first I've hear of it cutting in and out which isn't good at all. I'll get to work on that new audio implementation right away.
Sorry I didn't report it sooner. I didn't play it until last night after hitting the bottle so didn't realize the sound issue was actually the game

Btw, entertaining game...will give it some more play time later.
04-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Yeah, we played the alpha version of the game at a party once, and that's where we came up with a bunch of ideas, and it passed the tequilla test too!