Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-09-2011, 01:47 AM
iPad

Default New Bust-A-Move HD (Puzzle Bobble) - by TAITO

Intl Version : http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/new-puzzle-bobble-hd/id417193445?mt=8
Old 03-09-2011, 05:21 AM

That looks like the most lazy port I've ever seen. They slightly scale the game, then add their own blue border? Wow...

This basically means you might as well buy the iPhone version and use it on iPad.

This seems like a really lazy way to make some more cash. Not to mention it's a hearty 'fudge you' to people that bought the iPhone version. Why not make that one universal? It's not a cheap game to begin with!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornkeizers View Post
That looks like the most lazy port I've ever seen. They slightly scale the game, then add their own blue border? Wow...

This basically means you might as well buy the iPhone version and use it on iPad.
This would be true IF the iPhone 4 graphics could be used without scaling on an iPad. But this is not the case. You only get the low resolution of the iPhone 3GS on an iPad, so this iPad version of New Bust-A-Move looks definitely better than the scaled iPhone version. But in principle you are right, these are just the original graphics of the iPhone 4 (960 x 640).
Old 03-09-2011, 06:59 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Looks like a 99 cent game to me. ;-)
Old 03-09-2011, 09:03 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I like it a lot actually.
I welcome any version of Puzzle Bobble on my iPad, blue border or no blue border. It's such a wonderful game series that I'm happy to be abke to now take it with me on my iPad!!
Old 03-09-2011, 12:47 PM

I put off getting the iphone version because I figured this was coming out. With the sale price this is actually cheaper than the iphone version.

Overall I like it. It's Bust-A-Move what's not to like?!

Well... There is one HUGE flaw.

The blue border. Normally I wouldn't complain too much about it but when your finger strays off the bottom into it the game stops tracking your finger! I find my finger slipping off quite a bit. This is the reason I don't like playing games at 2x. I have a big screen and I wanna use it!

Also The frame rate is a bit disappointing. it seems like a simple game like this would have a super smooth feel to it but it is slightly choppy. Plus it REALLY bogs down when a tutorial pops up!
Old 03-10-2011, 02:49 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymadison View Post
I like it a lot actually.
I welcome any version of Puzzle Bobble on my iPad, blue border or no blue border. It's such a wonderful game series that I'm happy to be abke to now take it with me on my iPad!!
Hi, take a look at my iBots Time Bubbles for the iPad. If you like the Puzzle Bobble type games you'll probably like mine. It's free for a limited time, includes more than 450 puzzle levels, has a built-in level editor so you can create and play your own puzzles and has Game Center support. Let me know if you like it.

- Les
Old 03-10-2011, 11:31 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I am loving it. Especially the touch interface. Maybe it is a bit easy.
Only sad thing is that is has crashed pn me twice on level 1.9 .... and i am now worried to try again and find out it always crash there.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:38 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

On my ipad this games crashes continuously on ke el 1.9 as such I can only advice anybody looking at it not to buy it!