★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mos Speedrun (retro platformer!)

03-09-2011, 04:28 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Mos Speedrun (retro platformer!)

League of Evil fans get hyped!

http://toucharcade.com/2011/03/09/vi...-mos-speedrun/

03-09-2011, 04:35 AM
Looks good, it's all about the controls though. Everyone will be expecting another League of Evil on this one, but I'm not sure it'll be quite as addictive. I like the water elements though; I wonder if the LoE guys will take note

03-09-2011, 04:37 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebwoy View Post
Looks good, it's all about the controls though. Everyone will be expecting another League of Evil on this one, but I'm not sure it'll be quite as addictive. I like the water elements though; I wonder if the LoE guys will take note
Hopefully the developer will notice the comparisons on the Toucharcade writeup and take steps to ensure his controls are at least as good as League of Evil's.
03-09-2011, 04:38 AM
Absolutely
03-09-2011, 07:36 AM
This game looks great. Looking forward to see how it shapes up.

And I have to say, the replay ghosts are a brilliant touch. Especially for a platformer like this.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
03-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
This game looks great. Looking forward to see how it shapes up.

And I have to say, the replay ghosts are a brilliant touch. Especially for a platformer like this.
Yep, very much so. It's pretty much exactly how Super Meat Boy works, but in real-time rather than after you complete the level
03-09-2011, 07:48 AM
The game looks good with all the speed and the level-design (water ) but without lives, I think I will kill my iTouch
With the "one touch, you're dead", the gameplay has to be very accurate. In the video it seems fine and we have lots of good platformers now on iOS, so I suppose the gameplay will be ok.
Curious to learn more about the game
03-09-2011, 08:22 AM
really like league of evil, and this looks great.

the Touch Arcade writeup says it has a two button control scheme, but the character seems to be able to go left and right and jump?
03-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Hi Iím one of the guys working on this game and thought Iíd reply to any questions you have
The 2 button control system is working great - we made a conscious decision to simplify and avoid having a virtual d-pad or analog stick. A lot of games do well with these but I feel that there just isnít any feedback from the touch screen, your fingers drift around searching for the correct position or you need to keep looking at the virtual d-pad to make sure you are in the right place. With the two button system itís not an issue, press the left or right side of the screen to move in that direction, press both sides at the same time to jump. It might take a minute or two to get used to it but as you can see from the vid, you can get really accurate and precise movement.
Weíre looking forward to finishing this off soon!
03-09-2011, 09:15 AM
This looks fantastic! I can't wait for it!

Funny Videos! My Youtube Channel
Check it out!
Proud Beta Tester of- The Infinity Project and Mission Europa
Fav. Games on PS3- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Portal, HalfLife2, Uncharted 2