★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Chillingo Ltd
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 60.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Painkiller Purgatory is the most intense, gripping, 3D action shooter available on your iPad!

Download the Lite version to try out 4 areas of Painkiller Purgatory. Upgrade to the full version to fight your way through all of Purgatory to battle with the underworld and stop the imminent unholy war.

Vanquish your foes with a taster of the deadly weapons Painkiller has to offer!

Trapped in a dark and terrifying world, you must fight through your worst nightmare to stop the imminent unholy war and overthrow Lucifer!

Try out this epic First Person Shooter for free now!

- twitter.com/chillingo
- facebook.com/chillingo

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Lite: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/painkiller-purgatory-hd-lite/id417018098?mt=8

iPhone Version : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=86780
03-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Is this is the same game that was previously released or has it been changed?

03-09-2011, 04:15 PM
The graphics looks pretty bad and the price is way too high.
03-09-2011, 04:43 PM
I'll take the Lite version for a spin to see what this game is about. No harm in Free99.
03-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Looks way dated...
03-09-2011, 07:39 PM
If it hasn't changed since MachineWorks first published it last year, then read the original thread and stay well clear of this heap. It's nice that they have a lite this time though so at least people don't have to waste $8 to find that out.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-09-2011, 11:33 PM
played the lite, and the controls are annoying. even with the settings changed.
Deleted it right away.. not worth the $8 bucks
03-10-2011, 12:12 AM
The game is only 60.8MB how many levels does it have?
03-10-2011, 01:26 AM
Thank god they released a free version because this game is HORRIBLE. It has the worst controls out of any game I have played on my iPad that make it literally impossible to aim with any form of accuracy, and everything else just feels rushed and completely unfinished. The fact that you can walk right through enemies shows me that the developers could care less about making a quality game and only want to capitalize on the popularity of the Painkiller series. It boggles my mind why they think it is worth $7.99, when a fully realized and polished game like Dead Space is only $6.99. I feel bad for anyone who wastes their money on this turd. Seriously, what a crock.
03-10-2011, 01:52 AM
Cant believe how much they ****ed up this game. I mean, not even trying you can make such horrible controls. Damnit, you are supposed to move fast and accurate. Did anyone tested this before releasing it? Im sad they made this to one of my favourite shooters