★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mike Miller
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 1.2 MB
  • Version: 1.3.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: #1 Essential Pong App, AppAdvice

Yes, it is JUST PONG, and it looks like any other pong game out there, but this pong game has better features and plays better than the original or most pong games out there.

Did you know that the original pong has been around since 1972. The game is still fun and addictive, and that's why consumers love the game of pong, not to mention the simplicity of the game.

Pong is all about angles, so that's what I improved. The paddles are using a convex formula. The problem with most of the clones is that the ball just bounces in the opposite direction, like a laser reflecting off of a mirror. With convex paddles you have more control of the ball so it's a lot more challenging.

Next I had to make the AI good, to keep you coming back for more. There is an easy and hard mode. Hard mode is very challenging, but not so much where you get frustrated.

*** Now with game statistics, winning streaks, point streaks and more. ***

Features
- Convex system for the paddles
- Unique CPU controlled AI
- Game statistics with save
- Optional ball and Paddle size
- Very smooth game play
- Easy and Hard modes
- One or Two player modes
- Pause and continue
- Cool sound effects
- Left Handed Option

It's very easy to play, just touch and move the paddle to hit the ball. Try to hit the ball past the other players paddle to score. The first person to score 11 points wins.
Two player mode, grab a friend and paddles and go at it!

If you like our app then please review/rate Just Pong, because high ratings keeps us motivated to add new features and updates. Thank you.

SmashedFly's comments:

Promo code's to kick off the Baseball Season! PLAY BALL!

Hit the Deck Baseball plays and looks as good as the mechanical baseball games of the 80s.
Everything from the gorgeous 3D graphics, smooth game play, physics and sound effects, and
with five different game modes, local and global online leader boards, HTD has great replay value.

FEATURES
5 game modes
Online global and local leaderboards
Excellent physics simulation
No lag, rock solid 60 FPS
3D rendered graphics and animation
Digital stereo sounds
Choose from 3, 6 or 9 innings
Pause and resume
HD optimized for iPad

New promo codes for Baseball Fans! and TouchArcade Fans!(4/5/11):ETHH6FRYAMTE,
3EFEK34TA3F7, HLH6HNARKA9J, PFLLKXKKRPFP, AKLHYXK6JT4T, 6K9FPJPWHHWK, 47RPHYE774AJ,
9Y9HPY7RLK39,X9JTEENWA4XA,7RTFFMRKWHXE
If you enjoyed the free code, Please leave a Review in the iTunes App Store.
Tell your friends. Thank you for your support, Smashed Fly

Hit the Deck Baseball for the iPad:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hit-the-deck-baseball/id417837458?mt=8&ls=1

Hit the Deck Baseball also available on the iPhone/iPod Touch:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hit-the-deck-baseball-for/id425291257?mt=8&ls=1

Also grab "JUST PONG" for the iPad while it's FREE:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/just-pong/id403868243?mt=8
03-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Looks very nice..
Too bad I can't grab one of your code's, I'm stuck at work with no Itunes, maybe I will be lucky 8 hours later

03-09-2011, 10:22 AM
OMG! This is so exciting -- I don't know how many quarters I wasted in my youth playing these things

MHYEFNHTLM7Y - Taken with many thanks
03-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Redeemed YTF76LWTFTT3, I actually have the pinball machine called Slug Fest that is very similar to this game. I'll be interested to see how this game plays, I'll leave a review on itunes after spending some time with this game. Thank You.
03-09-2011, 10:38 AM
YH7434P493MP taken. Thank you so much - can't wait to give it a try...played this all the time at the arcade! I specifically remember playing this a lot at the arcade in the Magic Kingdom at Disney World - ah, memories.
03-09-2011, 10:45 AM
My only problem is that in your description it says this is the "first mechanical baseball machine to hit the app store" but this clearly isn't true. There is a game called Super-Tilt Baseball: Pinball that has been on the app store for almost a year now. While this game looks superior in every way, your statement is still not true. You might want to change that line in your app description.
03-09-2011, 11:49 AM
I bought this a few days back and I really like it. I love the vintage look and the controls are simple.
03-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
My only problem is that in your description it says this is the "first mechanical baseball machine to hit the app store" but this clearly isn't true. There is a game called Super-Tilt Baseball: Pinball that has been on the app store for almost a year now. While this game looks superior in every way, your statement is still not true. You might want to change that line in your app description.
LOL, nice catch. Actually I purchased that game a while back. I thought that was more like a pinball game, but I'll change my description to: "first mechanical baseball machine to hit the app store for the iPad"

Thanks for all the responses and here are more promo codes:
LX6PNWA9F6Y4
H76NH4HW9EEA
P64WMYPEFTTT
MFENXNKW37KE
F3KMREKWL3EP

Have fun!
03-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Grabbed P64WMYPEFTTT. Thanks! I'll be sure to leave a review later on tonight.
03-09-2011, 01:00 PM
All gone (sigh).
Another load of retards who do not have the courtesy of letting you know they have taken them, let alone left thanks.