★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Confidence: The Game (Show) for iOS -- gameshow trivia app with awesome twist!

03-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Confidence: The Game (Show) for iOS -- gameshow trivia app with awesome twist!

Here's a sneak peak to Confidence: The Game!, by The App House, makers of Simon Graham and the Extraordinary Timepiece.

Confidence: The Game
is a family-friendly trivia game show app for the iPhone, iPad, and iTouch. Play Confidence: the Game against a friend on the same device, over Game Center, or challenge one of four distinct computer opponents, each with his, her, or its (yes, there’s even a robot!) personalities. What sets the app apart from other trivia games is that it allows each player to customize the game to make the most of his or her strengths.

Check out a GamePlay video here!

What can you expect with Confidence:
  • The game consists of three rounds and draws from a pool of more than 2,500 questions in 250 categories in the full version.
  • Challenge four different computer opponents with distinct personalities and strengths, including John “Couch QB” Cooper, Rob the Movie Nut, Smart Shirley, AV-110 The Robot, and other surprise characters. Can you beat all of them?
  • Challenge friends on the same device in the head-to-head mode or over Game Center
  • Earn achievements and strive to be the highest-ranking player on the global Game Center leaderboard.
  • Each round uses questions from different categories.
  • Players “rank their confidence” in each of the categories, assigning the highest point totals to categories in which they have the most confidence.
  • The Final Confidence is a wild card – the players need to wager a portion of their points on a single question from a random category.

Confidence: The Game
will be available for free on the iTunes App Store around April 1st. The free version will offer players approximately 400 questions across 32 categories. Three additional packs of 700 questions each can be purchased for $0.99 each, or all 3 packs can be purchased for $1.99.

If you are interested in being a beta tester, please leave a post in the thread, and PM me your UDID. We have space for a few more. Also, would love any feedback on the game based on the video.

We will be having a launch promotion around launch time--April 1st, no joke--and we might be giving away a free iPad!

Let us know what you think!

Thanks,

@theapphouse
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0154.PNG
Views:	4
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	30771   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0155.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	30772   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0156.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	30773  

Name:	IMG_0158.PNG
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	30774   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0161.PNG
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	30775   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0164.PNG
Views:	3
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	30776  

Name:	IMG_0151.PNG
Views:	0
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	30777  
03-10-2011, 12:51 AM
Hmm, I think the GUI need to be more polished. Although the game looks nice as a family-game.

03-10-2011, 01:05 AM
The wording of the questions needs work as well, especially if the app is going to be used educationally. In the pictured question, the question implies that all of the possible answers are sentences, when in fact none of them have to be a single sentence.

Still, it may be worth the download as long as the questions are not all so badly worded.I would especially like to see online trivia play. I'll give it a try and play a few rounds if the questions are also current.

Editor at iPhone Alley - Complete re-launch coming soon!
64GB black iPhone 5 - 32GB black 3rd-gen iPad

Last edited by MICHAELSD; 03-10-2011 at 01:08 AM.
03-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Follow-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by natejeevas View Post
Hmm, I think the GUI need to be more polished. Although the game looks nice as a family-game.
Thanks for the suggestion... Could you suggest what elements of the GUI we should focus on specifically?
03-10-2011, 11:28 PM
To Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHAELSD View Post
The wording of the questions needs work as well, especially if the app is going to be used educationally. In the pictured question, the question implies that all of the possible answers are sentences, when in fact none of them have to be a single sentence.

Still, it may be worth the download as long as the questions are not all so badly worded.I would especially like to see online trivia play. I'll give it a try and play a few rounds if the questions are also current.
Michael--
Thanks for the catch. We are planning on doing a few more rounds of question review prior to launch, but your note is a really good one.

If you are interested in beta testing the app, please send me your UDID. If not, I'll PM you when we go live!

Thanks,
Jeb
03-11-2011, 01:27 AM
I would love to beta test, but I never seem to have the time when I accept offers so I am going to say no. But I will definitely try the game when it is released! If there is a paid proofreading job available, I would also likely take that on. Also, I can help overhaul the interface if you would like, but I am too preoccupied with other things for it to be just a hobbyist deal.

Editor at iPhone Alley - Complete re-launch coming soon!
64GB black iPhone 5 - 32GB black 3rd-gen iPad
03-11-2011, 05:39 AM
this is a family-friendly trivia game show app for the iPhone, iPad, and iTouch. Play Confidence: the Game against a friend on the same device, over Game Center, or challenge one of four distinct computer opponents, each with his, her, or its (yes, there’s even a robot!) personalities.
04-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Now available! Download Confidence: The Game today!

You can download Confidence: The Game for FREE for a limited time here: http://bit.ly/h3qxWj

Check it out!
04-16-2011, 10:39 AM
My family has had a great time playing this game!
Well done, devs.
04-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words!

Join us on the Facebook fanpage at www.facebook.com/confidencethegame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyo View Post
My family has had a great time playing this game!
Well done, devs.