★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Carry the One
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 77.0 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Charge recklessly and gloriously into the line of fire in this immersive, first-person tank combat game. Video Trailer: http://www.carrytheone.com.au/media/videos.html

Thanks to intuitive controls your device is a window into the battlefield. Simply hold your device out in front to peer out of the hatch at the enemy, or tilt down to look into your cockpit at the radar screen. Turn 180 degrees in real life and the game will follow (3G models only). Being surrounded by bloodthirsty adversaries has never been so much fun.

Take on the role of an elite tank commander in a war that has raged fruitlessly for many years. As one of the best in the business you and your crew are key to defending the base against waves of attacks from the enemy.

But not for long.

Fed up with the relentless waste of war, the time will come when you must take matters into your own hands. The plan will be simple. Take the war to the enemy's door step and settle the score once and for all.

Here are some more things you'll love about Tank Maverick:

- Roam freely through 9 levels across 4 unique, fully navigable maps. Head on assault, or stealth attack? The choice is yours ... just hope you make the right one!
- 4 hectic survival-mode levels with both Game Center and OpenFeint leaderboards provide maximum replayability.
- You'll love calling in devastating mortar strikes, plus the havoc you can wreak by unlocking all 4 types of air support
- A totally rocking sound track featuring music by Severed Fifth (http://www.severedfifth.com)
- Your progress will be rewarded with 5 different tanks to unlock
- There are 11 types of enemy vehicle to destroy - from trucks to mobile rocket launchers. Adapt your strategy to take on new enemies
- 3 difficulty levels to suit all playing styles from casual to hard-core

Please check out the video trailer on our website!

If you have any issues, please report them to me at http://www.tankmaverick.uservoice.com/ or email tankmaverick@carrytheone.com.au so I can help you straight away!

carrytheone's comments:
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that Tank Maverick is now available worldwide. It's a 3D first person tank combat action/strategy game designed specifically for the iPad. Enjoy

Pete
Carry the One

Youtube link | Pop Up

03-15-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm giving away 30 promo codes over the next week. Check here for details.

Tank Maverick for iPad - First person tank combat action

03-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Looks cool, might have to pick this up tonight.

GameLoft: xRylinx | GameCenter: Rylin |
Currently playing: Real Racing 3, GT Racing 2, Oceanhorn
Waiting for: N/A
Owner of: iPad 3 64GB, Galaxy Note 3
03-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Really surprised by this one, very entertaining.

The looping drum beat for the main menu could be changed as it gets a little repetitive.

The game itself is very fun. Pulling off mortar strikes from the radar is pretty satisfying along with the air strikes. For a buck, you get quite a lot of game play out of this if your into games with a slight simulation/strategy aspect to it. Would love to see a bit more terrain detail though in the way of trees, structures and the like as the levels themselves seem a tad underwhelming to look at.

GameLoft: xRylinx | GameCenter: Rylin |
Currently playing: Real Racing 3, GT Racing 2, Oceanhorn
Waiting for: N/A
Owner of: iPad 3 64GB, Galaxy Note 3
03-23-2011, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the kind words Rylin. I know I'll be able to make the menu music better in the next update, but I'm afraid I can't promise too much on the terrain side of things, we'll have to see how that goes. I'll certainly give it my best shot.

I also just wanted to share with everyone some comments from one of the reviews I've received on the App Store so far. If you've been wondering whether or not to get this game, maybe this will convince you to take the plunge and download the lite or full version:

Quote:
"The ipad needed a great sim and this is it. I'm tired of watered down gameplay. It of course would take learned skill to pilot a real tank and so it is with this game. Though it is still very much a game...not an ultra serious sim. "
This is exactly what I was going for. Great gameplay that strikes a balance between simplicity and simulation. He or she then goes on to say:

Quote:
"Most fun I've had on the ipad. Go for it."
At which point I fell off my chair a little bit.

Now I realise that App Store users have a penchant for superlatives and clichs, but this review still lit a fire in me. That's why I wanted to share it with you, because I'm convinced now more than ever that if you have any kind of attraction to action/strategy games there's a good chance you'll enjoy this one. And if you *do* like it, please comment here, rate and/or review on the app store, tell your friends and generally let everyone know. That way I can keep working to make it even better.

Here are the links to the App Store: Tank Maverick / Lite

Cheers for your support,

Pete Royle
Carry the One

Tank Maverick for iPad - First person tank combat action
03-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Very interesting and addictive.

Can get enough time to play it

I expect an upgrade with more obstacles, tree,buildings and stuff

Anyway, very entertaining
04-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Thanks Felixdaal, much appreciated