★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Magic? riiiiiiiiight...

10-31-2008, 06:07 PM
Magic? riiiiiiiiight...

As im sure you all know, magic is great. Little video clips on the iphone that seem to be magic are great. Theres just one thing i can't put my finger on and its frustrating me to pieces.

Magic Trick:

I picked up this app because i love interactive things with secrets to them, and all the better when you can amaze or freak people out right? As of now, that hasnt happened. Ive checked out the website in the instructions and even though states it will not reveal the secret, it does say that it works once you know that secret. After half an hour of messing with it im ready to give up, but i would still love to know how to work it.

anyway, its supposed to have someone pick 5 random cards from a deck, take out one of them, put the other 4 into the program, and click guess. This supposedly tells them the 5th card, without any way of the phone knowing it.

If anyone could help me out we could all get something out of this im sure. I dont expect many of you guys to pick up this app for 2$, so maybe do some research? apparently it used to be a computer program.

Thanks for whatever can be given
10-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Logically, not possible.
10-31-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by daniglue View Post
Logically, not possible.
Agreed. There is always a "trick" to magic.
10-31-2008, 06:18 PM
only one screenshot...
i'll pass
10-31-2008, 06:18 PM
Ive seen some things on the internet that involve just a deck of cards and that do work, but since they involve on the deck they are set up differently.

heres one of them:

10-31-2008, 07:17 PM
Found One

I found one just like the app.

Unfortunately it does not work and it doesn't tell how to do it...