★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The world's best-selling Spaghetti-Western board-game is now playable online!

2011 Best App Ever Awards - Best Card Game WINNER
Slide To Play: 4/4 Must Have!
Wired: Bang! breaks new ground with cross platform multi-player, but its the quality of the game-play that has got my family hooked (again) on this great parlor game.
The Sunday Times: Top Game
Mobot.net: 5/5 Bang! HD more than deserves a purchase with its unique and rewarding gameplay, impressive multiplayer and bevy of content
Internet Gumshoe: 82% If you have played the physical version of the game then you will more than likely find this a must have

Join over 750 thousand gamers in this multiple award-winning Wild West experience!

Origins Awards: "Best Game", "Best Design"Listed as one of the "Top 100 Family Games of the Century".

Game info:
In the wild west, the Sheriff gives chase to the Outlaws, the Outlaws give chase to the Sheriff, and the Renegade plots in the dark, ready to switch from one side to the other.Soon enough, bullets start to fly: which of the gunmen are Deputies, ready to sacrifice themselves for the Sheriff? And which are the merciless Outlaws, looking to gun him down?

Ready fun and high tactics in a Dynamite blend with Guns, Mustang, Volcanic, Bang!, Jail, Missed, Beer... and this are just some of the cards you can play!

Features:
ONLINE Multicross Multiplayer Gameplay: Challenge other players worldwide, online!
Two game modes: Easy (for beginners) and Normal (for expert players, with character abilities and advanced features)
14 characters with all their special abilities (4 to unlock through achievements)
Players: 3 to 8
Multi-Language: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Pass-Play VS: mix AI and human players for the ultimate party-mode gaming!
Game Center leaderboards and achievements support.
Ready for iOS5.
iCloud backup Compatible.
Christmas pack: a new achievement that unlocks "Claus the Saint" + "Christmas Theme" (FREE!);
Scavanger Pack: three achievements that unlock three "scavanger" characters (FREE!);
Dodge City cards: all playable cards from Dodge City expansion pack, including green cards (FREE!);

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPhone Version : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=77373

Youtube link | Pop Up
03-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Why hasn't the developer been updating the iPhone version? It has all these promises of improvements running throughout the game and feels a bit abandoned. At least add the normal mode.

What iPad features make this worth repurchasing? I feel this one easily could be a universal app... No doubt I'll buy it when the price drops as the iPhone version pricing did bounce around continuously.

03-10-2011, 09:49 AM
ah crap, I bought the iphone version two weeks ago.

All times favorites : Infinity Blade 3, King of Dragon Pass, anything Simogo or Tin Man
GameCenter: Corroyeur
03-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Was hoping for a HD version. Glad I held off the iPhone one.
03-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Looking forward to picking this up for the iPad, but I'm hoping that this is better than the latest iPhone update. After a long wait to get an update for this game what we got was a bit of a mess. When you go to click on a character in-game you get a pop up that says "<to do> load (character name) info". It's like they forgot to put in the stuff before sending it out.

The iPhone game now freezes on me quite often.

Anyway, I've loved this for the iPhone and have played the 2X version on the Pad a lot as well. I'll still pick this one up later today and give it a go. Though I'm hoping that they finally get the expansion packs added to the game.

If you're new to Bang! and you like card games this is worth checking out. There is a lot of fun strategy to be found with this game and it will make you want to pick up the real game for your gaming group. The game is even more fun when you're holding the cards and staring down the person before you gun them down.

My fingers are crossed big time on this game.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
03-10-2011, 11:51 AM
They did, in fact, update the iPhone one a few days ago and then pulled it from the app store a couple hours later. They apparently uploaded an old version of the code without a lot of the text and it breaks the game ( I know because I downloaded it and get lots of random text in Italian and crashes when pausing the game ).

They said they resubmitted to Apple and requested a expedited review.
03-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Ah... well I guess that's why my updated version on the iPhone sucks so bad. Glad to know that they're getting the next one up soon. This gives me more hope for the HD version.

Agent of TOFTT
03-10-2011, 02:55 PM
If even half as cool as it looks, this game should be a hoot!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
03-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Game Impressions

I grabbed it and the game is great.

At its heart it seems pretty simplistic, playing bang cards on opponents in range and hoping they don't have a way to wiggle out of it, but, of course, there is a lot more to it (at least if playing the Normal difficulty level). This game further complicates this basic premise of throwing bangs at one another with fairly specific roles each of the players take on. This actually has nothing to do with your character as all 10 can play any role but in each game one player will be the Sheriff (must take out the Outlaws), one will be the Renegade (needs to be the last guy standing and can only target the Sheriff if he is the only other opponent in the game), one or more Outlaws (need to take out the Sheriff and Deputy), and if enough players are involved, a Deputy (he helps the Sheriff take out the Outlaws). While everybody knows the identity of the Sheriff from the get go, the other players' roles won't be clear other than by their actions.

Each of the 10 characters has a unique special ability that will allow them to bend the rules in unique ways (some of the powers SOUND a lot more powerful than others, but as a newbie to the game, maybe they are pretty balanced). These abilities can be anything from being able to hold more cards in their hand or an ability to convert any card in their hand to some specific card (like Ms. Fuente that can turn any card in her hand into a "Miss" card and thus avoid a lot of potential injuries).

The only thing a little confusing is how some of the more neutral roles are supposed to behave with one another. Can the Sheriff kill the Renegade early on (especially since he has no way of telling a Renegade apart from an Outlaw)?

4.5/5

The game is great but it seems like over half the game's listed characters aren't "enabled" yet. Sure I've never played the game before and wouldn't even mind if they were released as IAPs, but just seeing them listed but unaccessible feels kind of incomplete and I can ONLY HOPE the dev follows up with their promised updates!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
03-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Here's hoping that they get the other characters and the expansion sets unlocked soon so we can add them to the game. It has been a while since they teased us with that.

And in answer to the question... Yes, a Sheriff can kill a Renegade early. But they don't get the extra cards like they do for killing an Outlaw.

Agent of TOFTT