★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Hockey Nations 2011 is undoubtedly the top ice hockey sim for iPhone and iPod touch... some of the best AI seen in any sports sim on the platform." - PocketGamer Review

"Hockey Nations 2011 scores a 4 dimple victory" - Appsmile

"5 stars!!" -iviewapps.com

Hockey Nations is back and packing more punch than ever before!

Get ready to join in on the ultimate hockey experience with Hockey Nations 2011! Pick your team from 18 international teams or play as your favorite team from anywhere around the World by customizing any of the 40 available city teams.
Jam-packed with hockey action across 7 game modes from practice mode to World League, Hockey Nations 2011 will turn any puckhead into an international ice warrior of all time. Hit the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth multiplayer mode and cause some icy mayhem with your friends while battling out for the trophy glory.
Puck is dropping what are you waiting for??

FEATURES:

18 INTERNATIONAL TEAMS
USA, Canada, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Latvia, Czech Republic, Belarus, Slovakia, Slovenia, Great Britain, Japan and Russia.

40 CUSTOMIZABLE CITY TEAMS
Now you can customize the city and the team name to match your favorite team from anywhere in the World and bag the trophy from the Playoff Cup.

REAL-TIME WI-FI AND BLUETOOTH MULTIPLAYER
Challenge your friends to the ultimate battle for hockey stardom with the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth Multiplayer mode.

7 ACTION-PACKED GAME MODES
Dive into the action with 7 game modes including World League, Go for Gold, Shootout, Exhibition, Playoff, Practice and Multiplayer.

FIGHT IT OUT
You asked for it and now its yours! Gloves are off so fight your way into the penalty box for a cooldown.

OUTSTANDING VISUALS & INTUITIVE CONTROLS
Enjoy the sleek 3D graphics and realistic motion-captured animations. Intuitive controls let you dive into the game without complex tutorials.

STRATEGIZE YOUR WAY TO WIN
Choose and change your strategy on the fly to suit your play, including pull goalie.

Check out the preview trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BImE43bpeSg

For more news on hockey and the game, come and talk to us:
Twitter.com/HockeyNations
Facebook: facebook.com/hockeynations

----------------------------------------

WANT TO HEAR FIRST ABOUT NEW GAMES, EXCLUSIVE PROMOTIONS AND WIN STUFF?

FOLLOW US: twitter.com/distinctivegame

FIND US: facebook.com/distinctivegames

Promotions running weekly so come and join the fun!

CHECK OUT OUR EXCITING GAMES AVAILABLE NOW:

Bonecruncher Soccer, Dead Runner, Rugby Nations 2010, Heli Rescue and Pool Ninja.

Free games available: Football Kicks, Dead Runner FREE, Bonecruncher Soccer Lite and Hockey Nations 2010 ShootOut

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

03-10-2011, 08:14 AM
At last...fights!

Playing:Carcassonne, Letterpress, Trigger Fist, Dungeon Story, Rebuild, Pen and Paper
Game Center/Openfeint/Plus+/Crystal/Agon/Gameloft Live: tonydeli7
Member of the Beta Tester Alliance Games/Apps I Have Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @tonydeli7

03-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Does the crowd actually make a sound? Saw a vid on YouTube and no sound from crowd.
03-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Hope this one is better than the last one! Didn't like that one. Will see what others say before getting this. Game play just wasn't up to par.
03-10-2011, 11:09 PM
The silence of this thread speaks volumes. I assume its the same game mechanics at the last one but with game modes, multiplayer, and fighting. Couldn't that have been an update?

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
03-10-2011, 11:14 PM
I haven't played the original, but I liked what I saw from the beta. But then again, I don't know much about hockey. =/

What problems did people have about the original?

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
03-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Yay! Come on iPad version (still with the head to head please)!
03-11-2011, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
I haven't played the original, but I liked what I saw from the beta. But then again, I don't know much about hockey. =/

The thing that bothered me most was the opposing team would always be able to constantly steal the puck from you, then the goalie would freeze it. Then there were way too many penalties always against you. There wasn't enough goalie control, either, and there was nothing you could do to defend. Offense wasn't very good as well. (Kinda like the EA basketball. Know what I'm sayin'?) Graphics were really good, though, and that's why it was such of a disappointment to me. In a nut shell, bad game play mechanics! That's why when I saw the new one pop up here, I am leery. From the new video only, the fighting aspect looks lame on this one, but it's really too early for me to pass judgement at this point. Has anyone played this one yet? I want to see the impressions people have on it to decide whether to hit the old buy button here or not!
03-11-2011, 03:35 AM
Im sorry but i am staying away from this game like the plague. The first one was downright AWFUL !!! And this looks exactly the same w fighting added. Like someone said, that cud have been an update. Unless this game was completely overhauled i wudnt go near it. Buy NHL 2K11 if u want a decent hockey game for iOS. 2K has real teams and the game is fun. Its not even a question. Untill this game hits the drawing board do not hit that buy button. u will be dissapointed. I found it to be unplayable. Read the early reviews of the first game. it was universally panned and for good reason. Im sorry Distinctive, nothing personal, just cant recommend your game.
03-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=51052

There's a link to the original thread. Main issues were like mentioned before, AI. Goalies AI was real bad. Their defense moved twice as fast as you. Things like that. The graphics were amazing. Sound was so-so. My biggest issue was response time. The game released in April, in June the devs said they were working on a beta to fix the issues, the update came out in October. Ouch. By that time NHL2K11 was out and everyone had forgotten who came first. I'm assuming this game is everything the original was supposed to be, in fact multiplayer was promised as an update to 2010 that never happened. It was just such a long drawn out experience that took six months to correct. By the time the update released, noone said anything because they were gone.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80