★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: David Molnar
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 17.3 MB
  • Version: 2.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: InterStellar Force 2 is a retro side scrolling space shooter of intergalactic proportions. Fight an endless number aliens across the galaxy and on distant planets. Version 2 has original Mission Mode and new Endless Mode for days of extended gameplay.

*** NEW In Version 2***
Three new regular "Mission Mode" levels
8-Bit Endless Mode: face an endless onslaught of enemies until you die in beautiful retro 8-Bit graphics.
Boss Fights on each "Mission Mode" level and in "Endless Mode"
Lots of new enemies
New weapon power ups
New AppVader network in-game to "Rate, Share, and Discover" new apps!

What the Critics say:

iFanzine.com says: "...unbridled action and some truly fantastic retro eye-candy conspire to make ISF an easy recommendation for fans of a good ol fashioned schmup."

Arcadelife.co.uk says: "Fabulous graphics, solid gameplay, thoroughly enjoyable right to the end."

AppVader.com says: 4/5 "For fans of this genre (retro, space, shooters etc) its well worth the buy"

OldSchoolJunkie.com says: "The fact that you can play a level in the all holy PIXELATED graphic form is a true pleasure and pays homage to our gaming heritage"

FEATURES:

MISSION MODE: Multiple levels - each set at a different location with georgeous multilayer parallax scrolling backgrounds. Mission Mode features a mix of modern and 8-Bit retro graphics.

All 8-Bit ENDLESS MODE: Face an endless onslaught of enemies until you die. Endless mode features 8-Bit retro graphics.

Weapon Upgrades - Triax Cannon, Laser Array, Plasma Electro-Cannon, Mega Blaster, and more...

Rechargable Shields and Reloadable Bomb Inventory.

Enemies - Lots of them and many different types to keep you busy, very very busy!

Gamecenter leaderboards and achievements

Support for bluetooth controllers: iControlPad, iCade, and Gametel

Original Music by Don Cook.

INFLUENCES:

ARCADE: Defender, Stargate, Scramble, R-Type series
CLASSIC HOME COMPUTER: Parsec (TI99/4A), Repton (Apple II, Commodore 64), ZX Spectrum
GAME CONSOLES: Atari 2600 (the classic, of course!), NES / Famicon

DMProd's comments:
INTERSTELLAR FORCE: Available the App Store for iPhone and iPod Touch.

InterStellar Force is a side scrolling space shooter of intergalactic proportions. Fight an endless number aliens across the galaxy and on distant planets.

http://www.davidmolnarproductions.co...rStellar-Force

Youtube link | Pop Up

FEATURES:

Multiple Levels - each set at a different location with georgeous multilayer parallax scrolling backgrounds.

Weapon Upgrades - Triax Cannon, Laser Array, Plasma Electro-Cannon, and more...

Rechargable Shields and Reloadable Bomb Inventory (In Game).

Enemies - Lots of 'em and many different types to keep you busy, very very busy!

Controls - both virtual joystick and tilt

Openfeint Integration - Openfeint Leaderboards and Achievements as well as the Openfeint community.

Original Music by Don Cook.

NO Doodle Graphics! NO Zombies! NO Stickmen!

INFLUENCES:
ARCADE: Defender, Stargate, Scramble, R-Type series
CLASSIC HOME COMPUTER: Parsec (TI99/4A), Repton (Apple II, Commodore 64)
GAME CONSOLES: Atari 2600 (the classic, of course!)

Special 8-Bit Level:
03-10-2011, 05:13 PM
This game is good; it needs an additional option for relative touch control but that's coming soon in an update according to David (dev).

I've been playing it for a few days on a promo code for a review on my gaming blog, review should be posted in the next couple of days. I'll summarise with impressions here too.

If you fancy a retro horizontal shooter with decent graphics and some very nice effects - here you go ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesusFish View Post
I like plenty of bad games, but I don't go around telling people they are good.
Arcadelife

GC - JohnT321

03-10-2011, 05:19 PM
is there endless mode
03-10-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm going to start an immediate update that I hope to release Monday or Tuesday. It will have the following:

1. Bug fix for tilt control - if you start the game with the device tilted all the way forward such that you are pointing toward the ground then the tilt auto-calibration messes up - this will be fixed.
2. Relative Control Mode - touch and move
3. Build for iOS 4.3 - I submitted right before iOS 4.3 was released. I will recompile for iOS 4.3 and make sure this does not introduce any bugs.

@Epox, sorry, there is no endless mode (some other people have asked for this today) I might do some kind of endless mode in the next major update.

Also, the next major update will include at least three new levels.

http://www.davidmolnarproductions.com developer of Interstellar Force Available NOW!

Follow me on Twitter: David994A
03-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Game Impressions

It's finally out! I've been waiting on this since the previous post on touch arcade.

My thoughts:

The graphics have a lot of detail and the gamepad mode works well. Great music and sound effects.

The 8-bit level really brings me back to my childhood. Awesome game. Very polished and detailed.
03-11-2011, 10:27 PM
@Planetshooter thank you very much for the great review!

Here is a two part Dev-Log and review from Appvader:

http://appvader.com/2011/03/dev-log-...1-iphone-ipod/
http://appvader.com/2011/03/dev-log-...2-iphone-ipod/

http://appvader.com/2011/03/review-i...e-iphone-ipod/

Well, I'm off to work on the bug fixes to get a release out ASAP. I'll also work on adding relative touch and smoothing the player's ship motion while firing when in tilt mode.

Cheers,

David

http://www.davidmolnarproductions.com developer of Interstellar Force Available NOW!

03-12-2011, 02:36 AM
Picked this up and really enjoying it!

I like that you can start from any unlocked mission. It means you can finish the game quite easily, but the challenge, and the high scores, come from playing it through in one go.

Something I haven't achieved yet!

Look forward to more from you, sir!

QS
03-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iosgame View Post
Even start from the unlocked mission, I still think it's hard for me.
It starts off quite gently, but as you progress, and as the enemies fire back more, you start losing your shields at an alarming rate.

I think it's an interesting psychological game mechanic that I've been planning to use for a while now myself. This game isn't terribly hard one level at a time, but as a whole, it's very challenging (for this old sheep, anyway) and I enjoyed that.

QS
03-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Thanks everyone!

I just fixed a "crash" bug- when you finish the last level and go through the "mission complete" screen you then go back to the main menu- after this if you hit "start game" the game will crash. This is now fixed but if you encounter this, go into the "options" settings and hit "reset game defaults".

Sorry about this, I am fixing one more bug and hope to submit to Apple on Monday. I hope Apple won't take too much time to review it.

I also am planning on adding a "relative control" mode - I hope to get this in the immediate bug fix release but if I don't it shouldn't be much longer before I get that out.

Dave

03-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Just got it from the store, GREAT sound effects, seriously. Pretty neat gameplay, definitely worth a downloaded. Good job!