★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Star Rocket is a cartoon-themed space game. The lite version contains 12 action-packed levels to whet your appetite!

Navigate your rocket through a universe filled with planets, asteroids, bumpers and items... collecting all of the stars as you go!

OBJECTIVES ---

* Collect all of the stars in each level.

* Complete each level as quickly as possible. You will be rewarded 1, 2 or 3 stars for each level, depending on your time.

DETAILS ---

* Planets exert gravity on your rocket -- don't get too close or you won't be able to escape the pull of the gravity!

* Magnets let you attract and collect stars from a greater distance!

* Shields let you plow through and destroy asteroids!

* Flames give you an instant boost in the direction you are pointing.

* Your rocket will bounce off of bumpers. Try it -- it's fun (but not always helpful)!

CONTROLS ---

* Rotate your left thumb around the joystick to control the direction of the rocket. For best results, keep your thumb pressed at all times and avoid the center area of the joystick, moving in a circular motion around the joystick. (Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it!)

* Press your right thumb to activate the rocket's hi-power boosters. Even when you aren't pressing, the rocket's lo-power boosters are still active.

FogleBird's comments:
12 free levels to whet your appetite!

Promo Code Giveaway for the Paid Version (It's a contest!)
I'd like to give away some promo codes for the full version as well - but with a twist. The first people to show that they finished the lite version (with a screenshot of you playing the last level) will get a promo code for the full version! I'll give out up to 10. It'd be great to hear your feedback on the game as well.

Here's a video trailer that features some of the lite levels. Upgrade to the full version for a whopping 121 levels.

Youtube link | Pop Up

03-11-2011, 06:18 PM
You guys! This game is fun - and much more challenging than it looks. It only looks easy because I'm so good at it.
03-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Picked it up

I picked the game up yesterday actually and it's pretty fun! The controls are tight and the challenges were a nice variety too. The space physics feels like I would expect, it really bothers me when games don't get the damping right. The graphics are decent, cartoony - my GF thought it was cute, typical lol.

Haven't beaten it yet but definitely worth the DL.
03-11-2011, 07:26 PM
I bought this game too. The art style is very cool, and the controls are very smooth. It's a game who worths the buy, very cheap.