• Publisher: Electronic Arts
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 444.2 MB
  • Version: 1.13.01
  • Price: $6.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Are you ready for the ultimate racing experience for iOS? Optimized specifically for iPad and iPad 2, Real Racing 2 HD is a heart-pounding, visually astounding 3D racer that puts the steering wheel directly in your hands. The expansive, 10-plus hour career mode and extensive, one-of-a-kind multiplayer means the fight for first place is never over.

PRAISE FOR REAL RACING 2 HD

Spectacular CNET
Real Racing 2 is without a doubt the best racing game for the iPad. IGN
The visuals have an air of sublime perfection about them." Phone Mantra
Unrivaled in the App Store. No DPad
No other portable racer offers nearly as robust and refined an experience as Real Racing 2 HD. MacLife.com
"The enhanced multiplayer features take what already was one of the top iOS racing games and ushers it into a new era for mobile gaming." Macworld
92 Metascore Metacritic.com

UNSURPASSED, CUTTING-EDGE 3D VISUALS

Relish exceptional, luscious graphics that push the iPad to its limits, and take full advantage of the iPad 2's enhanced hardware.

BOUNDLESS, IMMERSIVE GAMEPLAY

30 licensed cars from real-world manufacturers. 15 stunning locations. Regular updates supply a stream of new events, improvements and features.

WORLD CLASS CAREER MODE

Over 10 hours of Cup, Head to Head, Championship, Time Trial and Elimination races await your expert skills.

INTUITIVE PRECISION CONTROLS

Take the wheel as your iPad becomes the ultimate racing implement. Come to grips with unerring handling on iPad 2, thanks to full gyroscope support.

THRILLING MULTIPLAYER

Compete over local Wi-Fi or online with players of Real Racing 2 HD and Real Racing 2, and experience pioneering 16-player online multiplayer.

Play wirelessly on your HD TV through AirPlay and an Apple TV, challenge friends to a split screen multiplayer race with Party Play and enjoy enhanced visuals for second and third generation iPads!

TAKE THE RACE ONLINE

Track your progress against the world's top racers using Game Center and Firemint's Cloudcell technology. Record and upload videos of your best to YouTube for max kudos.

DRIVE ANYWHERE, ANYTIME

Upload and download your save games between Real Racing 2 HD and Real Racing so your progress is always synced.

Real Racing 2 HD is the racing game to own. Buy now, or "Gift this App" to a friend and introduce them to the greatest racing experience on iOS.

--------------------------------------------------------------
* For more information or support please visit
http://www.firemint.com
---------------------------------------------------------------

salsamd's comments:
iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

04-03-2011, 11:12 AM
I know this might not be a popular idea but...

What about adding 4 or 5 cars in packages sold as IAPs? That way you can keep the same initial cost but provide the option for more cars for people who want them. The same could apply to selling additional tracks and events.
04-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregz0r View Post
The game looks awesome on iPad 2! All we need are some real tracks. Seeing as Firemint is Australian, I plead for an accurate Adelaide F1 track to be added.
We're based in Melbourne, so we'd probably do the current Australian F1 track if we planned on doing an Aussie track :P
I know Mount Panorama would be pretty popular with Aussie players too.

04-20-2011, 02:32 AM
Real Racing 2 HD 1.10 update released (memory optimizations+1080p dual screen gaming)

Grab the 1.10 update and experience the thrill of Real Racing 2 HD on your TV in full HD 1080p!

Using the phenomenal power of iPad 2, Real Racing 2 HD smoothly renders a stunning 1080p image to your TV while displaying your position, lap times and speed on its own screen. Seamless connectivity means you can disconnect and reconnect effortlessly without interrupting your gaming experience.

To take advantage of this fantastic feature, all you have to do is update Real Racing 2 HD!

For more information and instructions, please visit the FAQ. Or, if you’d like a demonstration, check out our video!

Note that this functionality requires an iPad 2, Apple Digital AV Adapter, HDMI cable and HDMI-compliant display.

Release notes for Real Racing 2 HD v1.10
  • Full HD 1080p TV-out and dual screen gaming support on iPad 2. Experience Real Racing 2 HD like never before in stunning 1080p while real-time racing telemetry is displayed on iPad 2
  • Enhanced visuals for Alkeisha Island and San Arcana tracks on iPad 2
  • Memory optimizations to minimize crashes
  • Various minor improvements and fixes

Edit: 1080p screenshots are available here:
http://firemint.com/2011/real-racing...p-screenshots/

Or on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/realracing?sk=photos

Last edited by Firemonkeys Sam; 04-20-2011 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Added links to screenshots
04-20-2011, 03:47 AM
After updating, the intro video plays each time I launch the game, even though I have it switched off in options. Not a big deal but I just thought I'd let you guys know.
04-20-2011, 03:58 AM
Have you tried just toggling the switch on and off, or turning it on, relaunchin the game, and then turning it off, just in case the option needs to be reset. Might work, might not
04-20-2011, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by halljames View Post
Have you tried just toggling the switch on and off, or turning it on, relaunchin the game, and then turning it off, just in case the option needs to be reset. Might work, might not
Yeah, I've tried all these things as well as rebooting, but it still keeps playing the video each time I launch the game. It never did that before with previous versions (if you had 'skip intro' checked in settings) it would just launch straight into the main menu screen.
04-20-2011, 04:43 AM
I have updated, but not had a chance to try it yet. I shall check it out as soon as.
04-20-2011, 04:59 AM
Any chance of making an iPhone bluetooth controller app?
It would be great to control such an awesome game on my TV wirelessly.

Last edited by Eng; 04-20-2011 at 05:31 AM.
04-20-2011, 07:13 AM
Downloaded and played v 1.10 with iPad 2, HDMI out and HD TV. Looks great. No more black boarders as announced. Good framerate. One little freeze of half a second or so during 60 min gameplay. Sound: Impressive stereo on TV. iPad stays mute as soon as the TV is connected. Still not finding any pause button in this game. Once the replay stopped after the first round of three and switched to demo mode (one car alone).

Good update. But the cars in Asphalt 6 are still looking better, shinier, more mirror effects and more particles.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
04-20-2011, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Still not finding any pause button in this game.
There isn't a pause button as such, but if you click anywhere at the top left of the screen, it should bring up the pause menu.