• Publisher: Electronic Arts
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 444.2 MB
  • Version: 1.13.01
  • Price: $6.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Are you ready for the ultimate racing experience for iOS? Optimized specifically for iPad and iPad 2, Real Racing 2 HD is a heart-pounding, visually astounding 3D racer that puts the steering wheel directly in your hands. The expansive, 10-plus hour career mode and extensive, one-of-a-kind multiplayer means the fight for first place is never over.

PRAISE FOR REAL RACING 2 HD

Spectacular CNET
Real Racing 2 is without a doubt the best racing game for the iPad. IGN
The visuals have an air of sublime perfection about them." Phone Mantra
Unrivaled in the App Store. No DPad
No other portable racer offers nearly as robust and refined an experience as Real Racing 2 HD. MacLife.com
"The enhanced multiplayer features take what already was one of the top iOS racing games and ushers it into a new era for mobile gaming." Macworld
92 Metascore Metacritic.com

UNSURPASSED, CUTTING-EDGE 3D VISUALS

Relish exceptional, luscious graphics that push the iPad to its limits, and take full advantage of the iPad 2's enhanced hardware.

BOUNDLESS, IMMERSIVE GAMEPLAY

30 licensed cars from real-world manufacturers. 15 stunning locations. Regular updates supply a stream of new events, improvements and features.

WORLD CLASS CAREER MODE

Over 10 hours of Cup, Head to Head, Championship, Time Trial and Elimination races await your expert skills.

INTUITIVE PRECISION CONTROLS

Take the wheel as your iPad becomes the ultimate racing implement. Come to grips with unerring handling on iPad 2, thanks to full gyroscope support.

THRILLING MULTIPLAYER

Compete over local Wi-Fi or online with players of Real Racing 2 HD and Real Racing 2, and experience pioneering 16-player online multiplayer.

Play wirelessly on your HD TV through AirPlay and an Apple TV, challenge friends to a split screen multiplayer race with Party Play and enjoy enhanced visuals for second and third generation iPads!

TAKE THE RACE ONLINE

Track your progress against the world's top racers using Game Center and Firemint's Cloudcell technology. Record and upload videos of your best to YouTube for max kudos.

DRIVE ANYWHERE, ANYTIME

Upload and download your save games between Real Racing 2 HD and Real Racing so your progress is always synced.

Real Racing 2 HD is the racing game to own. Buy now, or "Gift this App" to a friend and introduce them to the greatest racing experience on iOS.

--------------------------------------------------------------
* For more information or support please visit
http://www.firemint.com
---------------------------------------------------------------

salsamd's comments:
iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

04-20-2011, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candykiller View Post
There isn't a pause button as such, but if you click anywhere at the top left of the screen, it should bring up the pause menu.
Thanks. Found it finally. Works with TV as well.

When you switch to bumper view (uncluttered without cockpit) the asphalt/street looks a bit grainy on my TV set in the lower third of the screen.

Putting on and pulling off adapter/cable works well as announced (game pauses). Very handy.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 04-20-2011 at 07:46 AM.
04-20-2011, 07:54 AM
I just tried it this morning. It worked pretty well. It was almost like having a gigantic Nintendo DS. The large screen on top showing the game, the smaller touch screen below (well in my hand) showing the maps and time. I hope more developers take advantage of the dual screen feature.

04-20-2011, 08:14 AM
I haven't tried the game yet on the big screen but I'm wondering why they didn't stick with
a smaller resolution like 720p and then putting the rest of the horsepower on the effects and extra details.
All the consoles do that when they want to conserve power for other stuff and most of the times the games look stunning.
Split second comes to mind. On the ps3 it runs at 720p and it's just a beauty to watch!
04-20-2011, 08:29 AM
Yeah Split Second on the Xbox 360 looks awesome. But almost every Xbox 360 and PS3 game runs at 720p natively, only very scant few of the store retail games run at 1080p natively.

Still though, it looks just like it does on the iPad 2 on the big screen. Framerate is just as crisp, and it runs wonderfully...looks nice on the 55inch, certainly not as nice as Xbox 360 games, but for an iPad game, it's good. I'm really enjoying the TV out on this game...good job developers, I hope more games support this feature in the future.
04-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Suggestions

In next update please add 3d trees, make more darker shadows (in world), add in cockpit mirrors (side mirrors should mirror world) and the final add more sprites for iPad 2 in the game... I think if you add that the game will look better then this gen console games!
04-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Yeah we need mirrors. Its annoying not seeing what's behind you at all times
04-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykikgmr View Post
Yeah we need mirrors. Its annoying not seeing what's behind you at all times
You can have a little overview in the mini map. But okay it's not a mirror.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
04-24-2011, 08:31 AM
I updated and the game keeps crashing randomly at the end of online sessions, I can live with it but it's annoying.

Also, I find the multiplayer mode kinda frustrating on certain aspects: people keep voting always for the same tracks like Castellona and McKinley, making the game iterative on this regard. The ability to let the system choose the track every time as well would be very welcomed.

Just my 2 cents
07-07-2011, 02:11 PM
I think developer can add a icon on hud display for rear view mirror on iPad. It's impossible to click top center of the screen with ipad in 2 hands.

iPhone 6 + 4S + iPad 3 + Mac Mini

GameCenter: dadiduekappa
11-03-2011, 09:22 PM
The game isn't letting me restore from a backup. I click on Restore Save and just stays on the loading circle. Please look into that.

iPad 2/IOS5.

Anyone else?

Last edited by sampdx; 11-03-2011 at 09:24 PM.