03-11-2011, 07:17 AM
wow, cant believe we could have graphics like this on an ipad, thumbs up
03-11-2011, 08:01 AM
All I can say is Firemint what have you done the graphics have too be some of the jaggiest I have encountered on my iPad which I can't understand as the first one wasn't so they have taken a step back . Ok maybe they will look stunning on an iPad 2 but surely they should have made sure they looked good on the iPad too. Also the screenshots they are using for the game on iTunes are obviously from the iPad 2 so they should state that . Otherwise surely that is false advertising .

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!

03-11-2011, 08:29 AM
That can't be true - iPhone/iPod RR2 running on a jailbroken iPad 1 with a retina homebrew utility looks better than The official RR2 HD running on a stock iPad 1? I refuse to believe that before reading the official Toucharcade review.
03-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Some iTunes reviews are saying the same thing. My iPad isn't good enough anymore now I know how everyone with a 2nd gen touch feels lol
03-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubjelly View Post
That can't be true - iPhone/iPod RR2 running on a jailbroken iPad 1 with a retina homebrew utility looks better than The official RR2 HD running on a stock iPad 1? I refuse to believe that before reading the official Toucharcade review.
It is true, unfortunately. I really hope that Firemint tries to optimize RR2 for the iPad 1 a little more, as it might be quite a while before I get my hands on an iPad 2.
03-11-2011, 08:56 AM
I have that feeling all over again when my 486DX was outdated when the Pentiums were released.

Game Center ID: Brementer

Currently playing:NFS Battleheart, Superbrothers, Real Racing 2, Infinity Field
03-11-2011, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradiso View Post
Someone should post a decent video to convince me I should get this instead of sticking with the standard edition+RetinaPad
one word:

optimized
03-11-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm still stunned too how bad this is when I get a chance I will post a picture of the menu screen . The car around the windscreen looks like it's been cut out using a pair serated craft scissors , same goes for the roofs on the buildings . Surely Firemint must have looked at it and thought to themselves that looks awful . Or maybe they did but then thought hey it looks great on the iPad 2 though so that's ok .

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!
03-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheAngel View Post
one word:

optimized
Sounds to me like it's optimized for iPad 2, with iPad 1 support thrown in because iPad 1 will run it.

Not really surprising, the same thing happens with iPhone 4 optimized games. They might run on a 2nd gen, but they're gonna look like garbage, or like others have said, become a slideshow.
03-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Someone please upload a screenshot of the jaggies.