• Publisher: Folded Plane
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 2.4 MB
  • Version: 3.1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: An unlimited number of mazes with a unique, simple, control system (no tilting and rolling!).

Play small, normal or large mazes. On the iPad play 'huge' mazes which are truly worthy of the description 'huge'!.

Simple controls make it easy to focus on solving the maze. Just swipe anywhere on the screen to move from one junction to the next. You'll be whisked along from one point to the next, only stopping when there's a decision to be made as to where to go next.

Compete to be the fastest maze solver with Game Center leader boards.

Mazy is highly configurable:

* Choose maze size and algorithm
* Play against the clock
* Change the colors to presets or make your own
* Sudden Death, where one wrong move is fatal
* Solve the maze with 'autosolve'
* Watch the maze being generated
* Turn the trail on and off
* Show the minimum moves you could have made
* Shake or tap for next maze

Run natively on any device running iOS 4.0 or above. Fully supports iOS 5.1. Super sharp graphics on all retina devices.

No adverts and no 'in app purchase'. We respect your purchase and want to give you the best experience possible.

tyr2's comments:
Hi,

An update for my maze game 'Mazy' added native iPad support, among other things, last week so I thought I'd post it here.

There are unlimited mazes including some massive ones on the iPad. No tilt/roll mechanism either, you can just swipe to move from one junction to the next.

The iPad screenshots are the horizontal ones, ie 5,6,7 and 8.

Anyway, hope you like it.

tyr2.
03-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks! I will check it out.
---
Edit: I've played three mazes now, and I'm impressed. Very nice! My only suggestion at this time is to not require the iPad to be shaken to start a new maze. I hate having to shake my iPad. Maybe something as simple at a "New Maze" button under the end results of your last maze.

Also a maze race against a computer opponent might be a nice addition.

Last edited by Collin; 03-11-2011 at 04:25 PM.
03-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the feedback! You've got a point about the shaking, that makes more sense on the iPhone than the iPad. Perhaps 'tap with two/three fingers' would work better, I'll try some things out for the next update.

Race against the computer isn't something I'd considered but could have some interesting possibilities. Perhaps if you both race to the half way point starting from opposing ends, it could add some tension. Probably wouldn't be too hard to implement either...

Thanks again.
03-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Shaking is nice, but there always needs to be a button to complement it (and an option to turn shaking off). Otherwise looks nice for a basic maze game.
04-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatrus View Post
Shaking is nice, but there always needs to be a button to complement it (and an option to turn shaking off). Otherwise looks nice for a basic maze game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin View Post
My only suggestion at this time is to not require the iPad to be shaken to start a new maze. I hate having to shake my iPad.
An update has just gone live with a setting to enable 'two finger tap' for then next maze, rather than shaking. It's in 'general options' if you'd like to give it a go.

Last edited by tyr2; 04-27-2011 at 02:52 AM.