★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

 Rico: Mercenary for Hire just released! (universal app) ★

03-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Send a message via AIM to BeyondtheTech Send a message via MSN to BeyondtheTech Send a message via Yahoo to BeyondtheTech
 Rico: Mercenary for Hire just released! (universal app) ★

I'm proud to announce that my new iPhone/iPod touch/iPad game has been released to the App Store (just in time for the iPad 2 launch, too!). It's called "Rico: Mercenary for Hire" and I hope you enjoy it.

Here's the iTunes link:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/rico-mercenary-for-hire/id419772278?mt=8#

From the description on iTunes:
Quote:
Take on the role of Rico, a hired mercenary and expert sharpshooter, as you accept challenging assignments to take out as many targets as you can!

Armed with a powerful gun and special ammo, use the environment at hand to ricochet your bullets against the walls and platforms. The more targets you take out with a single shot, or the more your bullets ricochet around the area, the higher your earnings become.

But, be careful! Many of these environments can be tricky and may take a combination of precision, patience, speed, or luck to succeed. With your earnings, you can buy more bullets and/or upgrade your gun to take on even more difficult assignments.
  • Universal app that plays great on recent-generation iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads
  • High-resolution graphics and dozens of detailed backgrounds for Retina Displays
  • Cool animated silhouettes and particle effects of blood splatter and ricochet sparks
  • Intense music soundtrack, crisp and realistic sound effects and voiceovers
  • Integrates with Facebook and OpenFeint to post and share stats, compete on leaderboards, chat on forums, and grab achievements!
  • "Cheat" your way through with optional in-app purchases of bullets, gun upgrades, and unlocking assignments
  • Game is endlessly expandable with an assignment editor where you can build your own layouts and upload them to our server
  • Free live downloading of new assignments as they are tested and approved
  • Live rewards for posting on Facebook and creating custom assignments
  • Use your iPhone/iPod touch camera to upload your own backgrounds to go along with your custom assignments!
(internet connection required for live downloading and retrieving rewards)
This app was proudly created using the Corona SDK from Ansca Mobile, and after such a positive experience with this middleware product, I am planning to port all my current games to Corona, including Archangel: Fate of the Galactic Commonwealth for the iPhone, and Archangel: Vengeance of the Makuzi Ascendancy for the iPad.

I've been a Twitter-whore lately, so I'll be giving out promo codes to random people who tweet a link to my game (use http://tinyurl.com/ricomfh) and use the hashtag #RicoMFH so I can find you.

Screenshots for iPhone and iPad below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot01.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	30845   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot02.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	30846   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot03.jpg
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	30847  

Name:	screenshot06.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	30848   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot10.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	30849   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot12.jpg
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	30850  

Name:	screenshot08.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	30851  

Grab a copy of Feather, FREE on the App Store!

Last edited by BeyondtheTech; 03-11-2011 at 01:56 PM.
03-11-2011, 02:31 PM

03-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Send a message via AIM to BeyondtheTech Send a message via MSN to BeyondtheTech Send a message via Yahoo to BeyondtheTech
Hey guys, thanks for the PMs and email responses. I am blowing out more promo codes, since I have an update pending!

Tweet the above iTunes link with the hashtag #RicoMFH, or post the link on Facebook and email me a PM or email me a picture of your Wall with your post, and you can get a promo code today!

Grab a copy of Feather, FREE on the App Store!