★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Turf Wars, BallFallDown Deluxe, and the App Store Review disaster

03-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Turf Wars, BallFallDown Deluxe, and the App Store Review disaster

Hi all! We're the developers of BallFallDown Deluxe, which was featured by Apple last week and even hit #3 in the top overall iPad games list (!) We got delisted yesterday and dropped to the twenties. That's cool: we had a good run.

Thanks to any and all of you who bought it! We learned a lot about how the app store works (good and bad!)

Something interesting happened earlier today: we noticed that all of a sudden, all of the really malicious and nasty reviews sorted to the top of the review site. It looks like a competitor decided to astroturf us by upvoting the bad reviews! Yet more reason that Apple should pay attention to upvote/downvote systems like Reddit rather than just letting the system be gamed.

Anyway, if you're interested, please check out BallFallDown Deluxe and if you like it, maybe you could upvote a good review or two? I've got some promo codes for people who are interested in checking it out (no quid pro quo required however)

We're really proud of it and bummed that people would use such malicious tactics. I guess that's life in the cruel, harsh world of the App Store ;u)
03-11-2011, 10:34 PM
I'd like to check it out. It looks fun... I'll be sure to write an honest review on the app store.
03-12-2011, 05:31 AM
I'd like to check it out. I'll be sure to read an honest review on the app store.
03-12-2011, 05:34 AM
Really that fun?Hope is not like any other rally before bored me.