★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Featured in "New and Noteworthy" in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and 14 other countries.

Vector Conflict is an intense 3D shooter set in a bleak, post-apocalyptic retro world. You are in control of the defensive systems for the vast SOTER underground bunker. You are the last line of defense for the survivors taking refuge below protect them at all costs!

* Intense and relentless first person action
* Cool retro graphics style
* Campaign and Onslaught game modes
* Game Center leaderboards and achievements
* Retina graphics for iPhone/iPod 4

Featuring music by .We .Got .This .Far
03-12-2011, 06:52 AM
**** THE GAME IS NOW 50% OFF (ONLY 99 CENTS!) FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH ****

If anyone is interested in trying out the game, shoot me a message and I can send you a promo code. I'm gonna bug you to leave some feedback though, so be warned

There is also a free online Flash version of Vector Conflict if you want to try that first. But the iPhone version is better!

Last edited by Littlegrey Media; 03-13-2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: letting people know about the sale

03-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegrey Media View Post
If anyone is interested in trying out the game, shoot me a message and I can send you a promo code. I'm gonna bug you to leave some feedback though, so be warned

There is also a free online Flash version of Vector Conflict if you want to try that first. But the iPhone version is better!
PM sent!

Edit:

Thanks for the code! Will post thoughts on iTunes and here.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 03-12-2011 at 07:53 AM.
03-12-2011, 09:25 AM
PM sent
03-12-2011, 10:51 AM
PM Sent!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
03-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Just posted my thoughts. Will PM you my iTunes name. I love everything about the game. However, I do have two considerations for future upgrades:

1. The option to personalize swipes. Swiping to the right in order to view the left is counter-intuitive and has cost me precious seconds and a lot of damage.

2. The difficulty ramps up very quickly. While I was only able to use the gun and the bombs, I wasn't able to accumulate enough money to get the other weapons because I keep getting slammed. Perhaps implementing differing levels of difficulty could be added?

Overall, despite my recommendations on what I feel needs to be improved, I still gave it a 5 star rating.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 03-13-2011 at 05:10 PM.
03-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Thanks ColeDaddy! That's a good idea regarding the swipe direction, it would be easy to make it an option.

Here's a hint regarding the difficulty: since the way you manage and spend your resources is very important, sometimes the best thing to do is to start the entire campaign over. If you've spent all your money on rockets and didn't invest in mining or saved some resources for later, you'll never be able buy the heavy weapons needed in the later levels.

That being said I'll definitely keep my ears open to more feedback on difficulty. The Flash game had difficulty settings, but we wanted to avoid that route in the mobile version.

Thanks again for the feedback!
03-12-2011, 07:45 PM
I hope you've got my PM
03-12-2011, 09:15 PM
I really enjoyed this game! High production value, vector graphics, tons of upgrades, and an understandable strategy.

I found the current swipe configuration to be intuitive, by the way, although I'm sure exactly half the population would like the option to swipe the other direction.

Off to the app store to leave a review. A nice game! Congrats!

Edit: the app store won't let me leave a review. It claims I don't own it. I will try again throughout the weekend.

Weird...

Last edited by Ubisububi; 03-12-2011 at 09:21 PM.
03-13-2011, 12:18 AM
Awesome!

I really like this game -- Vector Runner was fun but this has even more depth and I like buying upgrades. Plus shooting is always good. When is the iPad version coming?