★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Why are there so many games with fabulous design but little meaningful content?

03-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Why are there so many games with fabulous design but little meaningful content?

Why do so many game devs make games with fabulous visuals but meaningless content. Why? I once even heard of that players are a group of people who are mentally ill. I wonder how many such trash games you have endured and the time you have wasted on them.
03-12-2011, 12:54 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Oh no. Not another thread that does nothing but bash. Can't we just respect all devs.

03-12-2011, 01:12 AM
What the hell?

Twitter: @back2this
03-12-2011, 01:21 AM
Calm down. Games are made to please you not to anger you meanwhile taking away your money.
03-12-2011, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameview View Post
Why do so many game devs make games with fabulous visuals but meaningless content. Why? I once even heard of that players are a group of people who are mentally ill. I wonder how many such trash games you have endured and the time you have wasted on them.
So..... you are mentally ill as you have played those trash games? If you really hate those games that much, why do you still care about how many of them and how long other players have played? I think you just overreacted to those devs' games.
03-12-2011, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Oh no. Not another thread that does nothing but bash. Can't we just respect all devs.
Quite right. We do need respect all the game devs. They also wish to present good apps for us players and they have tried hard to develop a new game. We shouldn't be rude just because you don't like their work. We should respect them and their work.
03-12-2011, 04:40 AM
Thread backfire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameview View Post
Get lost.
03-12-2011, 04:42 AM
Some devs games are still good.
03-12-2011, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Thread backfire.Get lost.

HOHO, really got lost
anyway, IMO a dev who proceeds from players' eyes and feelings to develop a game is a good dev, right?
03-12-2011, 05:19 AM
Yeah,u know it is not an easy project to dev a game.do u know how long does a game take? How many people are under stress to complete those games?Although not all of them are perfect,which is true,market can help u to tell which are popular,and i think u can focus on the market first and then select which fits u~