★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: [Service termination notice]

We are truly thankful for who loved KartRider Rush.
Unfortunately, KartRider Rush will be ending its entire service according to the following schedule.

November 7th 2014
- In-app purchase will be no longer available

December 9th 2014
- Game service termination

If you have further questions regarding this matter,
You can contact us service_Gmobile@nexon.co.kr

Thank you.

alpacap1's comments:

Description The racing game enjoyed by over 200 million players worldwide is finally available on the iPhone!

With over 200 million drivers in Korea, China, Taiwan, and many other countries,
KartRider is already a phenomenally popular online racing game.

KartRider Rush takes all of the fun of the original and adds in exciting new twists,
including an all new acceleration sensor and touch controls!

The game features two game modes: Item Mode and Speed Mode.

In Item Mode,
players attack each other with items in a furious race to get the gold!

In Speed Mode,
players drift to gather Nitro, which grants bursts of speed to sprint toward the finish!

KartRider Rush runs optimally in iPhone3GS or later.
Multiplayer may not work optimally in iOS version 4.1 or earlier.
03-12-2011, 08:39 AM
I really wish this had online multiplayer like the desktop version. Anyway I can't complain much be ause the game is free, but there are a lot of IAP to unlock new characters, karts, and tracks in bundles. It costs about $10 to unlock everything. The bundles cost $0.99 or $1.99 each depending on if they have new tracks or not. The game starts with three easier tracks already unlocked, along with two characters. You can unlock a few karts from accomplishing quests, but mostly you purchase them in the bundle.

03-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Will download now.

If Nexon reads this: implement online multiplayer! Even Polarbit/Activision and Eurocenter did this with Cocoto Kart and Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2. You can do it with KartRider Rush, too. Give it a try, Nexon!
03-12-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm surprised it's out already. The articles I read made it sound like it was going to be released later this year. I really hope they have plans to add online multiplayer. Racing against the computer gets boring after awhile, especially with no achievements to work on.
03-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
I'm surprised it's out already. The articles I read made it sound like it was going to be released later this year.
I think they'll release the Android version later this year. The iOS version indeed was planned for March.
03-12-2011, 02:24 PM
I'd rather pay $2.99 for the whole game than this IAP crap.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
03-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
I'd rather pay $2.99 for the whole game than this IAP crap.
Funny you say that, because I'd rather pay $0.00 to find out that this is a decent but shallow kart racer.
03-12-2011, 03:50 PM
How does it run on legacy models, if it runs at all?
03-12-2011, 10:38 PM
crashing issues

I can't launch the game crashes all the time

Last edited by sergioux; 03-12-2011 at 11:02 PM.
03-13-2011, 09:36 AM
Even though there are three different control options, I'm kind of disappointed that there is no such control option like in Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2, where you can steer the kart with the help of a slider.
I haven't played a lot, but until now I'm really struggling with the controls. I'm even not using drift at the moment.