★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: NOW with 60 Fiendish Chupacabra Puzzle Challenge levels.

An avid Cryptozoologist loses all his hunting gear in an unfortunate frozen lake accident. Luckily Sasquatch and Ogopogo come to his rescue, but not without a price. He must play Sasquatch in a game of Cryptid Curling in order to get back all his hunting gear... whats that?.. youve never heard of Cryptid Curling? Well, its best described as a relaxing colour matching bouncing puck game of angles thats extremely hard to put down.

***** Features *****

12 levels of play to retrieve your hunting gear.
Free play mode.
3 modes of play with varying rules.
Power ups earned for combos.
No time limit on play.
2 player vs mode on the same device.
Retina and iPad resolution support.
60 Fiendish Challenge Puzzles.
Full 3D Graphics.

Kinl's comments:
An avid Cryptozoologist loses all his hunting gear in an unfortunate frozen lake accident. Luckily Sasquatch and Ogopogo come to his rescue, but not without a price. He must play Sasquatch in a game of Cryptid Curling in order to get back all his hunting gear... whats that?.. youve never heard of Cryptid Curling? Well, its best described as a relaxing colour matching bouncing puck game of angles thats extremely hard to put down.

Youtube link | Pop Up
03-13-2011, 05:49 PM
I gave this a go earlier and enjoyed it. Also appears to be an actual "free," no catches/ads/IAP game. Check it out.

03-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Really enjoying this game

Great game that requires both skill and planning to rack up high scores. Lousy instructions, so it takes a little while to catch on to the logic and dynamics, but definitely worth the effort. Although a free game, there are no ads.
Highly recommended.
03-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks, we will look into the instructions.

Do you think a stop start tutorial level would work better or just more concise instructions?
03-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinl View Post
Thanks, we will look into the instructions.

Do you think a stop start tutorial level would work better or just more concise instructions?
Instructions for playing the game (controls) are fine; what I didn't see at all was any instructions as to the rules and objectives of the game. For example: that only the outer ring of a disc needs to be matched. That sort if stuff.
03-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Ah ok, I can see the confusion there.. I'll look into a fix asap.
03-13-2011, 10:58 PM
enjot it

03-13-2011, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grist View Post
Great game that requires both skill and planning to rack up high scores. Lousy instructions, so it takes a little while to catch on to the logic and dynamics, but definitely worth the effort. Although a free game, there are no ads.
Highly recommended.
Initially looks fun. Thus it's worth to be checked out!
03-14-2011, 02:05 AM
Cryptid is interesting and addicting. Now I am playing round 4, as I saw in the screenshot found that a puck is right at the opposite side of the lake, I am eager to know how to fire the puck that far?
03-14-2011, 11:26 AM
There is a red powerbar to the left of the screen that you can drag up and down to set the power, is that what you're missing? it shows it being used in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmSnQZTVHG4