★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Boxed In 3 FREE today!

03-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Boxed In 3 FREE today!

Haven't played it myself, but all the ratings and reviews looks promising so I thought I'd share this one.

Currently Playing (with serious game time): Tiny Wings, Street Fighter IV, Sandstorm, Cat Physics
03-13-2011, 08:38 PM
All 3 of the Boxed In games are free today, actually.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!

03-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
All 3 of the Boxed In games are free today, actually.
Cool, I guess I'll check those out too. Thanks for sharing!

Currently Playing (with serious game time): Tiny Wings, Street Fighter IV, Sandstorm, Cat Physics
03-13-2011, 08:55 PM
I saw these and paused because there's soooo many puzzle games out there. Please let us know if you find these to be superb (well... there are 3 of them so that may be a sign of quality). Now I'm not sure if I should run to wifi or not.
03-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I saw these and paused because there's soooo many puzzle games out there. Please let us know if you find these to be superb (well... there are 3 of them so that may be a sign of quality). Now I'm not sure if I should run to wifi or not.
Sure thing, just finishing up some chores and will post some impressions later tonight

03-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Boxed In was decent

The first Boxed In was decent, I'll download two and three now. No hard in trying as the sizes are small and they're free.
03-13-2011, 11:24 PM
The reason why they're free is also deeply appreciated

Z.
03-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Alrite, here it is (a little delayed but anyhow) a small impression on Boxed In 3:

Summary
Simple and fun. If you like puzzle games that you can play whenever you have a minute or 2 to spare, Boxed In 3 is a good choice. The controls are simple, you can touch anywhere on the screen to control your Robot. The puzzles themselves are not very difficult, but can be challenging if you don't focus on them.

Ratings: 4/5

Pros
- Graphics: Clean and slick, not too much and not too little. Perfect for this genre.
- Controls: Easy, just swipe anywhere on the screen the direction you want your Robot to move.
- Puzzles: Starts easy but quickly adds difficulty with switches and such. You will find yourself replaying a lot if you are not focused.

Cons
- Undo can only go back 1 step. Not a big deal if you can remember all of your moves up to level-ending mistakes.
- No scores on levels. Would be nice to have some sort of score system to add to replay values.

Overall a nice simple game with puzzles that requires you to focus. Definitely worth downloading when it's FREE

03-15-2011, 02:36 AM
Box pushing game is simple and classic puzzle games. Playing it feels like solving a geometry subjects, very fun and addicting.
05-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Free again right now.