★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

EA, is it really that hard!?

03-14-2011, 08:29 PM
EA, is it really that hard!?

Am I really asking for that much when it comes to the lack of an inverted look option in Battlefield: BC2? N.O.V.A. had the same issue; it took months to "patch" it. Get a clue, this has been a standard option in FPS since the late 90s for s**t's sake!

Gamecenter: DEATHLRD
03-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Dead Space didn't have it either and I almost got tarred and feathered for allowing Brad to mention that the controls need additional options in our review.

03-14-2011, 08:33 PM
I don't understand if it is just laziness by developers or what. This option is about as standard as it gets and is a simple fix. Are we inverted control players a dying breed!?

03-14-2011, 08:33 PM
I am the only person I know who prefers inverted controls!
03-14-2011, 08:54 PM
It's not laziness, it's more "unnecessary" I suppose. I mean, sure it's simple, but do the devs really need to add one thing for such a small audience of people? If it's something for colorblindness or on those lines then I understand that, but inverted controls isn't necessary since one can easily adapt to normal controls. Though I do understand that you'd prefer inverted controls, not all devs keep that into consideration while making the game.
03-14-2011, 10:07 PM
I don't think we are as small a minority as you think. I mean name one console or pc shooter that doesn't have the inversion option. You can't think of any because there are none!! After 15 years of inverted play, adapting to normal is like switching to my weak hand. I become useless. If EA gave a damn about their products post-release this would be easily remedied. But they are a gaming conglomerate so it is what it is. That's the beauty of the app store though. I'll skip on the next EA shooter that pulls this and spend my money elsewhere, these indie devs would surely be willing to accomodate this simple request.

03-14-2011, 10:56 PM
But you have to understand, the majority of players don't use inverted controls. If there was a high demand in inverted controls like there are in PC games then I'm sure they'd implement it, but there's not.
03-14-2011, 11:49 PM
Ummm....I think that developers just forget about implementing such an option....As there really is such a small minority that prefers it.

Waiting for: Forgotten Memories, M.U.S.E, The Shadow Sun, Galaxy On Fire 3, Daredevil Dave 2, JumpKnight: Missions, Topia: Age of Creation, Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Max Payne, 2013: Infected Wars, Battlefield 3: Aftershock.
03-15-2011, 12:29 AM
Allright, what's the problem then when it comes to their sports games? They just can't seem to get them right on the IOS. I've got a feeling they just don't care about it! I don't want to create a huge wall of text here right now, but suffice to say all the major sports games have had big problems that they don't bother to fix no matter how much noise gamers make to have them fixed! If you've played 'em, you know what I'm talking about! It's always pissed me off! For a company as huge as it is and the capabilities it obviously has, what other reason could it be? Charge a lot for their games up front, and no updates? Unless, of course if it's some IAP they want you to buy! They're assholes!! It's that simple!!
03-15-2011, 12:31 AM
I'm pretty sure Fifa 2011, Madden 2011, and NBA Jam are the best sports games by a mile for the iOS..

No, they're not assholes. It's just that the AppStore is probably 1% or less of where their revenue is coming from. They don't have to care.

Twitter: @back2this