★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Game of the year

11-01-2008, 06:52 AM
Game of the year

Alright im not a rookie... ive played all the high rated and popular games... from all the td's / puzzles / racing games , etc.

I hate every game i have especially the really overrated ones like reign of swords and fieldrunners and crash and enigmo BUT the one simple game that is FREE and has these 3 characterisitcis

Strategic, Gameplay, Fun has got to be TRACE

trace is the only good game on the iphone so far. its noting spectacular but look at it this way. fieldrunners for example has just 1 LEvel and 4 towers thats it!! trace has a billion more levels. whats is more interesting? trace duh...
fieldrunners is nothing but sitting down and watching towers win on hard and then u got nothing to do

i decided to compare it to fieldrunners b/c thats one game i saw got 5 stars and is loved around the world yet it stinx... 4 towers 1 level and once u beat it on hard the game is finito... what i hear is kids enjoy the feeling of owning td

TRACE---> game of the year by default

Last edited by junkster08; 11-01-2008 at 06:54 AM.
11-01-2008, 09:25 AM
If we are talking about the same game, Trace is far from the game of the year. It's nice and all, but maybe I didn't get far enough for it to be difficult, fun, or any kind of a challenge.

I'd say Apple Texas Holdem is the best app in the store. Maybe Flick bowling will get there with another update. Really, no app deserves the title... yet.
11-01-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm going to be launching a project called 'App Choice Awards' in holiday this year. It'll be user-voted choice awards on the best game, application, etc. for all the different categories.

We'll see what's the best game then.
11-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels View Post

I'd say Apple Texas Holdem is the best app in the store. Maybe Flick bowling will get there with another update. Really, no app deserves the title... yet.
Agreed there's no game or app that has been extremely stelar and although there are lots of good (or what seem to be good games coming) NFS etc. none of them seem like there going to be worthy of the title app of the year.

"Insert generic signature here"