★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Go Go Mongo! Game for kids 2-4

03-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Go Go Mongo! Game for kids 2+ FREE PROMO CODES!

**** EDIT: I'm giving away 5 promo codes! First 5 people to bump this post and send me a PM with their email address gets a promo code! ****

Hi everyone! Although I've been trolling this forum for a few months, this is actually my first post.

I'm getting ready to release a game for children ages 2-4. The game teaches kids about different kinds of foods and also works on their memory skills. I got a chance to work with some really talented artists and programmers to put this together.

Go Go Mongo! uses the accelerometer on the iPhone/iPod Touch. By tilting the device, Mongo runs left or right and he has to catch the correct food falling from the sky. The game is designed to teach 2 year olds names of different foods, tests their memory, and also helps improve their motor skills (tilting the iPhone to catch things is actually somewhat difficult for a 2 year old).

The APP just got approved by Apple! Here is the link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/go-go-mongo/id426619300?mt=8&ls=1

I'm hoping you all can provide some feedback?

Promotional/gameplay video can be found here:

Youtube link | Pop Up

And here are some screenshots:

Last edited by Mongo_A; 03-31-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Consolidated information
03-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Am I the first one here to reply? Kids' parenting and teaching are important! I am an educationer,and I think this gameis good enough for kids from 2-4 with a simple character.But I hav't played this so far,hope more educational kids' games can be published and can enjoy a wide range of popularity.

03-15-2011, 10:46 PM
I think you really nailed the pencil and paper cutout look.
From the screenshots alone, I can't really tell what the game is about, other than the player has to collect a certain number of items.

Either way, it looks fun. Might be something fun for my todller to play. Especially if there's a "game" element to it. He gets pretty bored with most of the educational apps on the market, since they don't really do much more than something like list the alphabet with pictures.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
03-16-2011, 01:27 AM
We have seen plenty of boring educational apps on the iTunes marketplace, and we hope to change that. Go Go Mongo! uses the accelerometer on the iPhone/iPod Touch. By tilting the device, Mongo runs left or right and he has to catch the correct food falling from the sky. The game is designed to teach 2 year olds names of different foods, tests their memory, and also helps improve their motor skills (tilting the iPhone to catch things is actually somewhat difficult for a 2 year old).

We took some game dynamics of popular iPhone games for adults and simplified them for a 2 year old.

EDIT: I put this info in the OP.

Last edited by Mongo_A; 03-16-2011 at 06:16 PM.
03-16-2011, 04:43 AM
Are these just 3 pictures? No screenshots or videos about the game? I suspect the game hasn't been finished. This is just an imagination.
03-16-2011, 05:15 AM
Is this a game? Without screenshots or videos, nobody can know about it.
03-16-2011, 06:50 AM
First I wanna say the motivation of making kids learn by playing games is good. Speaking of the game, just these screenshot can't show anything special or highlights of the game and the graphic need to be improved.
03-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Oh I just submitted the app for review on the iTunes app store. I made a little gameplay video here, sorry for not attaching earlier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGF6sGBCQGQ

EDIT: I put the link on the OP.

Last edited by Mongo_A; 03-16-2011 at 06:16 PM.
03-16-2011, 04:04 PM
child education is very important, and this app has the type of creative art style that will really launch it into the spotlight. Love it!

How thick is the line between playing games and playing life?
I learned everything I need to know about surviving 2012 from Fallout 1 and 2

http://superfunapps.wordpress.com/ !!
03-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Great! Looking forward to the release! Would like to see it more video of it in action!

Current Favorites: Tiny Wings, Fruit Ninja, Doodle Jump
Gamecenter ID: Fadi-kun