★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Headsup: You can now find iOS games on Metacritic!

03-16-2011, 12:42 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Headsup: You can now find iOS games on Metacritic!

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ios

http://features.metacritic.com/featu...iphone-launch/
Quote:
iPhone/iPad games now listed on Metacritic

Metacritic is proud to announce that we have added complete coverage of iPhone/iPad game reviews to our site. As many of you know, we have been publishing monthly IPhone/IPad games guides – recommending the best new iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch games available for a total budget of $30 — and this popular feature will continue to appear each month. Starting today, however, you won’t need to wait until the end of each month to find new games for your Apple device.

Our addition of a robust iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch games section to stand side-by-side with our Xbox 360, PS3, DS/3DS, Wii, PC and PSP sections reflects the critical community’s growing acceptance of the iOS platform as a legitimate, full-fledged gaming system whose games can compete with those designed for the more established, dedicated gaming systems. The new iPhone/IPad hub page spotlights the most important current releases and their Metascores (a weighted average of individual scores from the top gaming critics), coming-soon titles, and a ranked list of the highest scoring games released in the last 90 days.
03-16-2011, 12:47 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Cool. I don't know if I can compare scores from different categories, but World of Goo and Real Racing 2 both scored higher than Dead Space 2 on the 360.

03-22-2011, 10:13 AM
I noticed this. I wonder why TA isn't represented on either this or the iPhone quality index. I'm guessing it's that TA doesn't give a numbered review.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
03-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I noticed this. I wonder why TA isn't represented on either this or the iPhone quality index. I'm guessing it's that TA doesn't give a numbered review.
I saw TA included in the 9 bug heroes reviews. They converted 4 1/2 stars into a 90 out of 100. Seems pretty reasonable, and its probably what they do for all reviewers that give stars. The larger problem is that there arent as many reviewers they hit as for console games, and the reliability is not going to be great. Still, a nice way to screen games that have made a splash that you might have missed.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale
03-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Cool. I don't know if I can compare scores from different categories, but World of Goo and Real Racing 2 both scored higher than Dead Space 2 on the 360.
Do you realize that that comparison makes absolute no sense?

Now Playing Broken Sword

Last edited by Omega-F; 03-22-2011 at 03:31 PM.
03-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega-F View Post
Do you realize that that comparison makes absolute no sense?
Isn't that the point he was trying to make? The website is supposedly there for the very sake of comparison.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Last edited by MidianGTX; 03-22-2011 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Typo!
03-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
TA's reviews are included too. You might have to click on "See all Critics Reviews" link to see it though.

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 03-22-2011 at 04:26 PM.