★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Concerned about iPhone OS 3.0, breaking our apps...

04-03-2009, 01:00 AM
Concerned about iPhone OS 3.0, breaking our apps...

Just installed iPhone OS 3.0 Beta 2... it is causing some problems with regards to rotation... landscape vs. portrait mode... those problems weren't there with the 2.2.1 OS.

Is this type of thing normal when a beta version is developed... should I expect that these things will resolve themselves... or should I "update" my code in antipication of the new OS...

Just to clarify, I'm building the applications with the 2.2.1 SDK... it's just that they don't work right on the iPhone 3.0 OS...
04-03-2009, 01:38 AM
Are you using unity? That has broke a lot of apps on 3.0 firmware so far..

Twitter: @Zincous

04-03-2009, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
Are you using unity? That has broke a lot of apps on 3.0 firmware so far..
No. Just the iPhone SDK. I didn't know that unity was having all those problems. Hope all this gets fixed before the full release.
04-03-2009, 06:21 AM
Send a message via AIM to jshmrsn
I've had problems with new versions of the OS that did not fix themselves. One of my Apps, Chalkboard Calculator, became a little messed up with a change in table view behavior causing some text to be truncated. It also uses double-tap gestures on TextViews which will now be broken because double-tap activates copy and paste.

Josh Rosen
Developed Above & Beyond Air Combat (Now Available!)
Developed: SciFly
Twitter: @jshmrsn
04-03-2009, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshmrsn View Post
I've had problems with new versions of the OS that did not fix themselves. One of my Apps, Chalkboard Calculator, became a little messed up with a change in table view behavior causing some text to be truncated. It also uses double-tap gestures on TextViews which will now be broken because double-tap activates copy and paste.
Hmmm... thanks. This is a bit worrisome. I guess I should submit updates for my app now, before people update the OS.
04-03-2009, 10:28 AM
I am more concerned what will happen to apple when every app in the store submits an update to 3.0 and they can't manage. Apple really needs to find a way to check apps quickly or the app store's week of doom will be when 3.0 is released.

Playing: Hi How Are You, iBlast Moki, Rolando, ScareCrow, and all of my Plus+ games.
ngmoco:] Plus+ ID: Danlipson
Challenge Me!
PM me for free video editing of... anything
04-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Try porting it over to the 3.0 SDK..