★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Gameloft
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 545.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $6.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (3)
App description: ** 148Apps: Rainbow Six: Shadow Vanguard is just all round great if you hadnt already guessed.
** SlideToPlay Must have: If you want a tactical shooter in your pocket, you've come to the right place.
For the first time on iPhone and iPod touch, enjoy a new FPS experience that allows you to lead a team of elite soldiers!
A global terrorist organization threatens the world balance. Only one team can prevent this: The Rainbow Unit!
These colors never run.

AN ICONIC BRAND FINALLY AVAILABLE ON THE APP STORE
One of the most popular video game brands finally lands on your iPhone and iPod touch.

AN ORIGINAL TITLE WITH EPIC MISSIONS
Play 11 thrilling missions to defeat a dangerous and well-organized terrorist group.
Play recreated and enriched levels based on the original Rainbow Six game like the Embassy Hostage Crisis, an oil platform assault or the infiltration of a rebel camp in Africa.

Join a new Rainbow Unit complete with 3 new members, each with their own unique abilities like recon, demolition or stealth.

EXPERIENCE CO-OP AND A RICH MULTIPLAYER MODE
Join up to 2 friends and challenge the entire game together in Local and Online Co-op modes.
You can also go head-to-head with the best unit leaders in the world on 5 exclusive and thrilling maps in Multiplayer mode - up to 10 players.

THEYLL NEVER SEE IT COMING
Infiltrate enemy compounds without them ever knowing youre there thanks to a wide range of state-of-the-art gadgets. Use snake cameras to spy around corners, silencers to keep your kills discreet and many more covert tools and weapon upgrades.

BE THE LEADER OF AN ELITE UNIT
An exclusive real-time tactical system for iPhone that lets you lead your teammates through each level. Order them to cover, shoot or use grenades to clear rooms before an assault!
Warning: This game is not compatible with iPod touch 3G 8GB and older devices

Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

03-16-2011, 05:14 AM
Guess in-app is gone lol.

Ipad - 64 GB - 5.0.1 / Iphone4S - 32 GB - 5.0.1
GameCenter - Abisco79

03-16-2011, 05:17 AM
People would still get this either way I think. I know I am

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
03-16-2011, 05:21 AM
I like the console versions of Rainbow Six a lot. I look forward to reading some impressions from our guinea pig friends in N.Z.
03-16-2011, 06:25 AM
I'm hoping this one lives up to it's name. There's lots of good FPS for iOS now, but not really any squad-based tactical combat like the Rainbow Six series.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
03-16-2011, 06:42 AM
11 PM in the US won't come fast enough...
03-16-2011, 06:48 AM
iPad version???!

Game Center I.D- Fastbridge

Twitch TV Channel Name- Donafello
03-16-2011, 06:56 AM
File size?? And a picture of the homescreen icon would be nice thanks

Best Games: Tilt to Live, Mini Motor Racing, Death Rally, NBA Jam, Spirit, Silverfish, Flipship, Wispin, Space Tripper, Super Crossfire, Red Nova, Vertex Blaster, Modern Combat 2, Hard Lines, Sentinel 3, Mad Wheels .......Follow me on Twitter @unclelimey
03-16-2011, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbridge View Post
iPad version???!
I am wondering about this too. I hope they come up with an iPad version soon!
03-16-2011, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclelimey View Post
file size??
479 mb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclelimey View Post
And a picture of the homescreen icon would be nice thanks