★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: YOUR FAVORITE HEROES FROM THE FIRST SQUAD ARE BACK IN ACTION!

Download now and experience MORE heart-racing reflex hero training beneath your fingertips with Lin Chung, Mighty Ray, Mystique Sonia, Jumpy Ghostface, and Mr. No Hands! How fast are your reflexes? Lets find out through the exciting mini-games in this new update!

What is HERO: 108?
Based loosely on the ancient Chinese novel The Water Margin , the story takes place in a land called the Hidden Kingdom, an evil trickster named High Roller turned the animals into the humans enemies and sent the world into chaos, so the First Squad was formed to fight the evil forces and return peace to their land

Lanishery's comments:
Gamania Digital Entertainment this week released Hero: 108 for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. The app is based on the popular Cartoon Network animated series by the same name.

Hero: 108 brings six mini-games to iOS. In the app, you get to play as several characters from the show, including Lin Chung, Mighty Ray, Mystique Sonia, Jumpy Ghostface and Mr. No Hands.

In one mini-game, you have to protect Jumpy from arrows by tapping them to knock them down before they hit him. Another mini-game has you beating up the Rhino King by furiously tapping him as he approaches your character. If you dont tap fast enough, its game over.

Hero 108 is now available on the iTunes App Store for download. Until March 25, the app is available for free as a special promotion. Its publisher has yet to announce the price of the app for when the promotion ends, however.

03-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Surprisingly polished and fun. Grab it while it's free. .

03-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Kind of misleading. It says '108 mini-games app' and all it offers is six.....I'm just saying.....
03-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Kind of misleading. It says '108 mini-games app' and all it offers is six.....I'm just saying.....
"Hero: 108" is the name of the show it's based on.
03-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
"Hero: 108" is the name of the show it's based on.
I realize that, but not everyone knows about or watches that, so...that's still the way it reads. Of course the way you wrote it with the quotation marks changes that and makes it more obvious.

Last edited by bigrand1; 03-16-2011 at 12:16 PM.
03-17-2011, 06:54 AM
Hmm, looks interesting, and i trust Squarezero's judgement.

Free now- perhaps they'll add more minigames with IAP?
03-17-2011, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
I realize that, but not everyone knows about or watches that, so...that's still the way it reads. Of course the way you wrote it with the quotation marks changes that and makes it more obvious.
Must admit for a split second i was thinking 'wahey 108 mini games !'

Never heard of it before so yeah the way it reads it looks a bit misleading. After having a look you realise theres only a few but for people who have never heard of this cartoon you cant blame them
03-17-2011, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DusT_HounD View Post
Hmm, looks interesting, and i trust Squarezero's judgement.

Free now- perhaps they'll add more minigames with IAP?
It's definitely just a morsel of a game and I doubt that I would actually pay for it, but the art style is very engaging and the games themselves are surprisingly fun in short bursts.

@bigrand: I can definitely see the potential for confusion (in fact, I thought the same thing when I first saw it). My point is that the publisher is most likely not intentionally trying to deceive.