★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: The Magic Blackboard B&W - FREE FULL GAME

04-03-2009, 04:08 AM
The Magic Blackboard B&W - FREE FULL GAME

Alpha72 Games is pleased to announce the release of The Magic Blackboard B&W FREE Edition.

This is exactly the same as the paid app (on limited time sale at $0.99 The Magic Blackboard iTunes) with well over 12 hours of gameplay, just without the colours.

Features: 500+ Levels, 72 Powerups, 16 Ball Types, 12 Bosses & 12 unlockable extras including a two player Pong game, and the DIY level where you can draw and then demolish your own levels. The bricks slowly descend making strategy a key element to success.

Unique to The Magic Blackboard is the Gamble feature where you can earn big bonuses by turning off the bat when you feel you have hit the winning shot, or die if you fluff it!

In the seperate Puzzle Mode you get 132 challenging match-3 puzzle levels where you use the bat and ball to create groups of bricks. Making this two games in one.

The Magic Blackboard is designed to be non-stop fun and constantly provides new challenges, new looks, and different breakout variants (Pong, Space Invaders, Alien Invasions, Mother Ships, Trampolines, Juggling, Picture Levels & Random Generated Bonus Levels). Plus an advanced 2D engine giving full screen motion blur, distortion and 1000's particles.

Touch & Tilt controls in all orientations, statistics page, play your own music and customizable Gooyness!

More info at Alpha72 Games Website: http://www.alpha72.com

Have fun!
04-03-2009, 04:14 AM
That's a neat concept... full game without the colors

Don't check this site or private messages often.

04-03-2009, 04:23 AM
I can just pretend I am playing on a 1950's iPhone and save myself a buck: the perfect crime.

Oh, and call it the Magic ZenBoard.
04-03-2009, 04:50 AM
This game is trippin me out, and when i got to the auto fire level ahh, its awesome. nice music in there too

Last edited by Veratek; 04-03-2009 at 05:36 AM.
04-03-2009, 06:01 AM
Very cool idea. Just grabbed, can't wait to try it out.
04-03-2009, 06:03 AM
awesome game. very well done. just bought the color version. definitely worth a buck.
04-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Sorry, I just posted this in the colour version's promo code thread and then realised that others might not be reading that.

So FWIW, here it is again:

Just bought the game on sale (the coloured version). I must say that I like the slow quirky aesthetic and the dreamy music (imagine David Lynch designing a game while on acid... it could be something like this).

On the downside I find the blurriness absolutely god awful and even after rebooting my iPhone there are still frame rate issues. Thankfully turning off the gooyness (gooey-ness?) in the options screen helps fight the blur.

I hope the developer (Alpha72) doesn't give up on this title but continues to optimise and polish it. I for one would like to see the aesthetic of sedated "strangeness" pushed even further and (technically) the frame rate and blurriness issues resolved.
04-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Update: I've been playing the colour version for about 4 hours now and apart from the caveats mentioned above I am very impressed.

You might say that this is one odd little game. It is certainly odd -- but it is not so little -- there are TONS of levels here. I love the game's slowness... everything feels submerged, subliminal, underwater. The sound effects are mesmerising.

IMHO this game deserves a lot more attention than it is getting.
04-03-2009, 02:52 PM
I got the color version awhile ago on the advice of the mighty DonBurns and I really enjoyed it. My favorite is 3D Brick Breaker but Magic Blackboard is a good game indeed.
04-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Send a message via AIM to DayLahs
I just downloaded it and It seems like a cool concept and I have no problem playing in black and white.