★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
Touch to fall. Fall for speed. Fly for score!

You can play for free
Fast and skilful gameplay
Compete with your friends' highscores: for free
Tons of game modes and a secret character to unlock
Many score bonuses to discover and unlock
Guaranteed updates - At least two new game modes to be released soon!

Pilot Winds is a great casual game to pick up and play
Wonderful and clean visual style with retina support
iPad and iPhone support
Around 20 Achievements to unlock (some secret)!
Super awesome - you WILL be playing this for a long time

In-app purchase will unlock additional game modes, bonuses and achievements. With more to come!

PLEASE NOTE: The game is supported by ads that never interrupt gameplay but just remember that any in-app purchase will remove them immediately.

!!!! Why are you still reading? Get Pilot Winds while it's FREE !!!!

03-17-2011, 06:02 AM
So this is Tiny Wings, then?

I like they way they've written their description so defensively. "We've been doing this for a year, we haven't copied that game!"

"It's free, so it's okay if it's not as good!"

03-17-2011, 06:20 AM
It does look similar to Tiny Wings, but I can vouch for them when they say it's been in development since before Tiny Wings was released. I read about it last year.

゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
03-17-2011, 06:47 AM
Yeah, but you can spin the same game mechanic different ways and get different awesome games.

Plus, this game is free to try anyway

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
03-17-2011, 06:52 AM
Wow that was fast! I am one of the three developers at Two Lives Left.

Thanks for the reply. Yes it is a lot like Tiny Wings. I put this down to the fact that we were both (probably) inspired by Nathan McCoy's Wavespark in early 2010. Like Tiny Wings we took that idea in our own direction and made something we think is great in its own right. Sadly Tiny Wings was released a few weeks before we were ready, but thats life The description is a tongue-in-cheek explanation of why we think Pilot Winds is a better game The bounce mechanic is one such reason, and its free so why not try it out?

@MidianGTX and @Prab
Thanks for backing us up!

Here are some full game unlock codes:

To use these, install the free app, then go to the settings app and select Pilot Winds. Paste one of these into the Unlock Codes setting. Run the game and unlock using the menu. The game should pause for a second then unlock. If it doesn't and asks you to purchase as usual, then the code has been used already!

Last edited by MrEeMan; 03-17-2011 at 07:35 AM.
03-17-2011, 07:10 AM
touch546773 used, thanks a lot MrEEman! I loved your first game Wheeler's Treasure and Im happy to have a promotion code for the first time. I will play sometime and post impressions
03-17-2011, 07:15 AM
Grabbed touch34098s, thanks.

I can only imagine how frustrating it must have been to see Tiny Wings arrive before you were ready with Pilot Wind (I remember when it was originally announced, too -- this ain't a clone). Even from just the tutorial it's clear that this has its own flavor, aesthetically speaking, and the way you handle achievements, combos, and unlocks is different enough from Tiny Wings to give its own identity. It's definitely a beautiful and polished game in its own right.
03-17-2011, 07:19 AM
For some reason the graphics are not retina supported on my Ipod touch 4G.

Also I don't appreciate an ad on the front screen of the Wheeler's Treasure game.
That game has such great atmosphere and the ad for this game ruins it quite a bit. Perhaps you can find a more subtle way to promote new games. For example, you can have a floating "More Games" icon instaed of the static ad?

Icon is a window to game's soul...
03-17-2011, 07:20 AM
Used touchsjfhe4. Thanks!

Beta Tested- NYZ2, ZombieSmash HD (iPad), Bug Heroes, Earth vs Moon, Underworlds, Push Panic, N.Y. Zombies, iPharoah, Rocket Monkey Warped, uBoot, Flight Deck, Plushed, Black Matter, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, Crunchy Planets, StickBound, NovaRift, Giant Moto, Crazy Test, Fling Cube,,...
03-17-2011, 07:20 AM
I'm thinking lots of people usually ignore "More Games" options... they could add an achievement for clicking it though, that usually convinces me

゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ